Repository sabayonlinux.org hasn't been downloaded yet.

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

expat
Baby Hen

Re: Repository sabayonlinux.org hasn't been downloaded yet.

Post by expat » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:12

I don't know if any of this will help or not but i will list my results of equo --info

I again disabled ipv6 and still can't equo update........getting frustrated here.[quote][/quote]
Sabayon 5.3 xfce_64
Asus P5Q Motherboard with Express Gate
Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200.11 HD
Seagate Barracuda 1.5 TB 7200.11 HD
4 GB Kingston RAM
Nividia 9400 GT
Intel Core Duo E8400
Samsung Syncmaster T220G

wolfden
Sharecropper

Post by wolfden » Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:11

5.2 has the correct repo settings, so no need to replace them.

China is a known issue for working with entropy, just seems to be too far away. We need someone to set up a mirror over there to help.

rumahsiput
Simple Hen

Post by rumahsiput » Wed Apr 07, 2010 14:53

I love this disto so much as it runs very well on my Acer Aspire 4520 and decided to install on my desktop. Big mistake.
Did 4 fresh installs! The first failed because there was a power failure after running equo update && equo install entropy equo --nodeps && equo upgrade. So it was my "fault" and started over. The second upgrade was fine until I had to answer some questions about merging files or discarding them and I chose to exit. Hell broke loose! I didn't know what to do and killed the process - of course, this resulted in system not booting. Third install. This time, I tried sulfur thinking it is safer and I updated entropy first. Even just after update of entropy to 0.99.40.2 the system broke and I couldn't even start the computer let alone updating all other 218 updates. Forth install: I decided to do nothing. What should I do??? Please help.

rumahsiput
Simple Hen

Post by rumahsiput » Thu Apr 08, 2010 14:18

Solved!!! Sorry for all the trouble caused - I should have search harder. OK, if you lost all your icons after update and upgrade of Sabayon 5.2 fresh install, follow this link: http://wiki.sabayon.org/index.php?title=Known_Issues

I did this:

9/8/09 Gnome 5.0 and jpg

Gnome 5.0 having jpg issues - fix is to reinstall gtk+
#equo install gtk+
also run as user
$ update-mime-database ~/.local/share/mime/

And ALL is OK. Thank you Sabayon! You are great and the greatest distro!!