Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.4 Revision E: Stable Release

This is the place where you can find all the Sabayon Linux Press Releases
lxnay
Land Owner
Posts: 3596
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2005 23:16
Location: Italy
Contact:

Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.4 Revision E: Stable Release

Post by lxnay » Mon Aug 06, 2007 18:03

Press release: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.4 Revision E [Stable Release]
as in... "Entropy is not vapourware"

Image

August 6th, 2007 - The Internet:

"Sabayon is an Italian dessert made with egg yolks, sugar, a sweet liquor (usually Marsala wine), and sometimes cream or whole eggs. It is a very light custard, which has been whipped to incorporate a large amount of air." Source: Wikipedia.
  • Distribution updates:
  • Introduced a (teaser) pre-alpha release of the Entropy stack (Equo application)
  • Updated Portato to 0.8.0
  • Updated Compiz Fusion to work with XGL and AMD/ATI cards
  • Updated WINE to 0.9.42 and fixed Wine Doors
  • Reintroduced sudo after Install
  • Updated Second Life to 1.18.0.6
  • Fixed Partitioning issues on some system caused by dmraid stack (disabled by default now)
  • Reintroduced old and stable ipw3945 driver (keeping ipw4965 one)
  • Updated pommed to 1.7 (better MacBook support)
  • Reintroduced old bcm43xx wireless driver (disabling mac80211 one)
  • Important Notes:
  • This distribution contains libdvdcss look here if you live in the U.S. !.
  • This distribution contains proprietary and non-GPL softwares too (like from NVIDIA, ATI, Google, etc). Before running them, be sure to read their license and agree with that, otherwise, just remove those applications. To run SabayonLinux without Proprietary drivers, just use "noproprietary" boot flag.
  • When you exit ColdWar or Sauerbraten the System will shut down automatically.
  • Trademarks are property of their respective owners, everywhere.
Image
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+

wolfden
Sharecropper
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 0:55
Location: Midwest USA
Contact:

Post by wolfden » Mon Aug 06, 2007 18:06

x86_64
split -d -b 2000000000 SabayonLinux-x86_64-3.4a.iso sabayon.new.0
xdelta patch sl-x86_64-3.4a-to-3.4e-0.xdelta sabayon.new.000 new.000
xdelta patch sl-x86_64-3.4a-to-3.4e-1.xdelta sabayon.new.001 new.001
xdelta patch sl-x86_64-3.4a-to-3.4e-2.xdelta sabayon.new.002 new.002
cat new.00* > SabayonLinux-x86_64-3.4e.iso
md5sum SabayonLinux-x86_64-3.4e.iso
72dc873baef75200ed7eba97d6638d5b SabayonLinux-x86_64-3.4e.iso

x86
split -d -b 2000000000 SabayonLinux-x86-3.4a.iso sabayon.new.0
xdelta patch sl-x86-3.4a-to-3.4e-0.xdelta sabayon.new.000 new.000
xdelta patch sl-x86-3.4a-to-3.4e-1.xdelta sabayon.new.001 new.001
xdelta patch sl-x86-3.4a-to-3.4e-2.xdelta sabayon.new.002 new.002
cat new.00* > SabayonLinux-x86-3.4e.iso
md5sum SabayonLinux-x86-3.4e.iso
e902da21299736f52b075af58f0dc91c SabayonLinux-x86-3.4e.iso

Element
Growing Hen
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 0:55
Location: 127.0.0.2
Contact:

Post by Element » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:40

wolfden wrote:x86_64
split -d -b 2000000000 SabayonLinux-x86_64-3.4a.iso sabayon.new.0
xdelta patch sl-x86_64-3.4a-to-3.4e-0.xdelta sabayon.new.000 new.000
xdelta patch sl-x86_64-3.4a-to-3.4e-1.xdelta sabayon.new.001 new.001
xdelta patch sl-x86_64-3.4a-to-3.4e-2.xdelta sabayon.new.002 new.002
cat new.00* > SabayonLinux-x86_64-3.4e.iso
md5sum SabayonLinux-x86_64-3.4e.iso
72dc873baef75200ed7eba97d6638d5b SabayonLinux-x86_64-3.4e.iso

x86
split -d -b 2000000000 SabayonLinux-x86-3.4a.iso sabayon.new.0
xdelta patch sl-x86-3.4a-to-3.4e-0.xdelta sabayon.new.000 new.000
xdelta patch sl-x86-3.4a-to-3.4e-1.xdelta sabayon.new.001 new.001
xdelta patch sl-x86-3.4a-to-3.4e-2.xdelta sabayon.new.002 new.002
cat new.00* > SabayonLinux-x86-3.4e.iso
md5sum SabayonLinux-x86-3.4e.iso
e902da21299736f52b075af58f0dc91c SabayonLinux-x86-3.4e.iso
Thanks, saved me a lot of trouble.
Image
On Sabayon @ Freenode: <ColdFlo> im not asking for support <ColdFlo> im asking for help

fhemeidan
Baby Hen
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2007 23:57

Post by fhemeidan » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:10

Thanks too...saved me a lot of time...

Louis
Baby Hen
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:51
Location: Denmark

Re: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.4 Revision E: Stable Release

Post by Louis » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:55

Is it possible to upgrade from 3.4 to 3.4E?

dave_p_b
Old Dear Hen
Posts: 607
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:39
Location: Exeter, UK

Post by dave_p_b » Tue Aug 07, 2007 13:34

Hi

I'm either being really thick or really blind but I can't see the xdelta patches. Where are they? :oops:

Cheers

Dave

spiffytech
Young Hen
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2007 19:19

Post by spiffytech » Tue Aug 07, 2007 13:35

The DVD's installer has an "upgrade" selection, which you can use to upgrade from 3.4a to 3.4e. I've never used it, though, so I can't comment on how well it works.

Louis
Baby Hen
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:51
Location: Denmark

Post by Louis » Tue Aug 07, 2007 13:40

spiffytech wrote:The DVD's installer has an "upgrade" selection, which you can use to upgrade from 3.4a to 3.4e. I've never used it, though, so I can't comment on how well it works.
So thats means that I should burn a new DVD every mouth or more often.

mktyap
Simple Hen
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:51
Location: Sg
Contact:

Post by mktyap » Tue Aug 07, 2007 13:41

dave_p_b wrote:Hi

I'm either being really thick or really blind but I can't see the xdelta patches. Where are they? :oops:

Cheers

Dave
ftp://bo.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/sabayonlinux/xdelta

Sergio1704
Young Hen
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:45

Post by Sergio1704 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 14:01

mktyap wrote:
dave_p_b wrote:Hi

I'm either being really thick or really blind but I can't see the xdelta patches. Where are they? :oops:

Cheers

Dave
ftp://bo.mirror.garr.it/mirrors/sabayonlinux/xdelta
I wish I had realized it before :)

Post Reply