a.k.a. "You can't even imagine how good it is"
Digg this Press Release
July 24th, 2007 - The Internet:
"Sabayon is an Italian dessert made with egg yolks, sugar, a sweet liquor (usually Marsala wine), and sometimes cream or whole eggs. It is a very light custard, which has been whipped to incorporate a large amount of air." Source: Wikipedia.
- Distribution Features:
- The most advanced: Linux Kernel 2.6.22 with extra Power Management (PowerTop), Wireless (mac80211), Ext4 Filesystem, Scheduler (CFS) and Virtualization (KVM,Virt-Manager,VirtualBox) support
- Gaming oriented: featuring,
- Savage 2
- Battle of Wesnoth
- Second Life
- Latest NVIDIA (100.14.11) and AMD (8.38.6) GPU drivers
- The most Windows-aware: supporting NTFS in read/write and Wine Doors utility, that let you install Windows applications as easy as 1-2-3 (using Wine 0.9.40).
- The first to support Ext4 File System: for the braves, Sabayon Linux Installer can easily handle it.
- The most Stable Cutting Edge DVD: featuring Compiz Fusion and Metisse (Technology Preview) integration
- Much more flexible: the Installer now features a really improved execution speed, RAID10 support, Ext4 Support, UUID device naming support, a Packages Selector, a Boot Services Selector and also a Core/Minimal Install Method (Server deployments)
- The Most Laptop Aware: tested and optimized also for Laptop usage
- X.Org 7.3 with automatic Monitor configuration
- KDE 3.5.7
- GNOME 2.18.2
- Strong identity: no Server applications installed (you will find them in the Business Edition)
- Less Duplicated Packages: removed about 140 duplicated applications
- Better Mactel support: added support for Intel ICH8M, Atheros Wireless cards, Backlight management and new Synaptics touchpads
- Better Out of the Box hardware support: Agere et131x,
- VMware Guest Installation Support
- Media Center capabilities: featuring GeeXbox 1.1 and Elisa Media Center (Technology Preview)
- Incredible set of installed and preconfigured Applications (see Packages List below)
- The most tested Stable Release: in the last 4 months, our Core Beta Team have done a great work to accomply our always growing QA standards. This transformed Sabayon Linux 3.4 in the most reliable version ever released.
- Resources for Sabayon Linux 3.4:
- SabayonLinux x86 3.4a Torrent download #1
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.4a Torrent download #1
- SabayonLinux x86 3.4a Torrent download #2
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.4a Torrent download #2
- SabayonLinux x86 3.4a Torrent download #3
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.4a Torrent download #3
- Official Mirrors Page
- Sabayon Linux x86 3.4a MD5SUM
- Sabayon Linux x86_64 3.4a MD5SUM
- Sabayon Linux x86 3.4a Linux kernel configuration
- Sabayon Linux x86-64 3.4a Linux kernel configuration
- SabayonLinux x86 3.4a Package list
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.4a Package list
- Extra documentation
PLEASE - GIVE BACK A DONATION TO US
##### If you would like to support our Project, please consider to download or purchase a DVD from here:
- The Linux Store recommended
- Linux CD Shop
- Linux CD Mall
ISO - Torrents (Preferred way):
- Important Notes:
- This distribution contains libdvdcss look here if you live in the U.S. !.
- This distribution contains proprietary and non-GPL softwares too (like from NVIDIA, ATI, Google, etc). Before running them, be sure to read their license and agree with that, otherwise, just remove those applications. To run SabayonLinux without Proprietary drivers, just use "noproprietary" boot flag.
- When you exit ColdWar or Sauerbraten the System will shut down automatically.
- Trademarks are property of their respective owners, everywhere.