a.k.a. "The Basic Installation Packages Selector hit it"
June 26th, 2007 - The Internet:
"Sabayon is an Italian dessert made with egg yolks, sugar, a sweet liquor (usually Marsala wine), and sometimes cream or whole eggs. It is a very light custard, which has been whipped to incorporate a large amount of air." Source: Wikipedia.
ATTENTION: This is a Development Release.
What happened since Sabayon Linux 3.4 Loop2 ?
- Important Changes:
- Removed Enlightenment 16 Desktop to let us focus better on GNOME/KDE integration
- Removed 140 packages - a.k.a. the mass shrinking - NO MORE duplicated applications
- Removed NX server, Internet Kiosk framework and all the server oriented applications (they will show up in the Business Edition)
- Sabayon Linux 3.4 is all about gaming! Play your favourite games as easy as 1-2-3.
- Strengthen the Sabayon Linux Games Deployment framework - we NOW support a lot of Cool GAMES!
- Savage 2.00e
- FlightGear 0.9.10
- DangerDeep 0.3.0
- Warsow 0.3
- Nexuiz 2.3
- Torcs 1.3.0
- Battle of Wesnoth 1.2.4
- Coldwar demo has been removed
- Updated NVIDIA drivers to 100.14.11
- Updated ATI drivers to 8.37.8
- Updated madwifi-ng driver to SVN snapshot to support MacBooks
- Strengthen VMWare 6.0 support
- Re-added linuxwlan-ng drivers
- Added pommed utility to support MacBooks LCD backlight tuning
- Added support for Agere et131x ethernet controller -> http://sourceforge.net/projects/et131x
- if NVIDIA detected: add NVIDIA Control Center icon to desktop
- if ATI detected: add AMD Control Center icon to desktop
- Updated HAL to 0.5.9 (plus upstream accepted patches for 0.5.9.1) - complete MacBook support
- Updated kernel with the latest stable patches
- Updated KDE to 3.5.7
- Added FileZilla 3.0 FTP Client
- Update aMule to 2.2.x CVS release (won't crash anymore)
- Update gnome-main-menu
- Updated KDEBluetooth to 1.0beta3
- Updated GeeXbox to 1.1rc3
- Updated VirtualBox to 1.4.0
- Added Manencode 0.8
- Added pommed
- Updated WINE to 0.9.39
- Updated sabayon-version with the proper USE flag
- Updated KVM to 28
- Simplified Package Categories Selector (aka Packages Selector - you can choose if to install KDE, GNOME, both, Multimedia applications, Office ones, etc... Do you want to deploy a customized Sabayon? You can do it!)
- Added support to UUID device naming. In this way, you can change HDs configuration without losing the ability to boot your Sabayon Linux OS. (Using /dev/disk/by-uuid/ in fstab and UUID= in cmdline)
- Improved Upgrade speed by a good 200% using the new UpdatePkg() function
- Fixed unwanted clock configuration to UTC
- Fixed gptsync, aka GPT synchronization on MacTels
- Fixed a Segfault on the Text Installer that caused the inability to use it
- OpenOffice 2.2 spellchecker now works
- Updated Gentoo profile to 2007.0
- Removed mDNSResponder and then installed Avahi with mdnsresponder compatibility feature turned on
- Fixed vertical KickOff icon
- Added Donations Link on the Desktop
GIVE BACK A DONATION TO US - If you would like to support our Open Source project, please consider to download or purchase a real DVD from here:
- The Linux Store recommended
- Linux CD Shop
- Linux CD Mall
ISO - Torrents:
- SabayonLinux x86 3.4 Loop 3 Torrent download
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.4 Loop 3 Torrent download
XDelta (from 3.3 to 3.4 Loop 3) - Mirrors are still syncing - please be patient:
- Official Mirrors Page
- Sabayon Linux x86 3.4 Loop 3 MD5SUM
- Sabayon Linux x86_64 3.4 Loop 3 MD5SUM
- Sabayon Linux x86 3.4 Loop 3 Linux kernel configuration
- Sabayon Linux x86-64 3.4 Loop 3 Linux kernel configuration
- SabayonLinux x86 3.4 Loop 3 Package list
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.4 Loop 3 Package list
- Extra documentation
- HOWTO: Use xdelta patches
- As of linux kernel 2.6.19, all hard drives are seen as sd* through SCSI emulation. As such, our installer compensates for this and does its best to query your hardware set up and properly set grub and fstab during installation time. You must upgrade your installer for the latest fixes. If you run into problems with this, please file a bug report at bugs.sabayonlinux.org
- This distribution contains libdvdcss look here if you live in the U.S. !.
- This distribution contains proprietary and non-GPL softwares too (like from NVIDIA, ATI, Google, etc). Before running them, be sure to read their license and agree with that, otherwise, just remove those applications. To run SabayonLinux without Proprietary drivers, just use "noproprietary" boot flag.
- When you exit ColdWar or Sauerbraten the System will shut down automatically.
- Trademarks are property of their respective owners, everywhere.
Using this feature, you can upgrade any Gentoo-based installation (Gentoo, VLOS, RR4, RR64) to the latest SabayonLinux without losing your personal data and settings. Our Team, however, will only actively support the upgrades using SabayonLinux as base.
Also, you can:
- 6th senseing your running system: installed packages will be updated to the ones on the DVD and the conflicting ones automatically removed.
- You can fix your current installation by choosing to reinstall every package, This will take a lot of time but will resurrect your SabayonLinux installation in cases of hard damaging.
- You could (even if it's not so much tested) even upgrade your 32bit installation to a powerful 64bit one (but not the contrary) by using the function described above.
- You can re-configure/reinstall your GRUB (Boot) settings/ without touching any configuration file and/or command line.