January 1st, 2007 - The Internet:
"Sabayon is an Italian dessert made with egg yolks, sugar, a sweet liquor (usually Marsala wine), and sometimes cream or whole eggs. It is a very light custard, which has been whipped to incorporate a large amount of air." Source: Wikipedia.
SabayonLinux brings to your Computer the most advanced and cutting edge Linux software available nowadays. This version is a major bug fix release with a few surprises!
A happy new years to all! And thank you all for the considerable donations, they will help with the development in the future! And now, on to your Jan. 1st New Years gift from good ol' SabayonLinux
We are now considered by the Beryl developers the official distribution. Why...? Don't ask us, just ask Quinn_Storm, one of the main developers that switched to using SabayonLinux!
Because of this, beryl being our 3D provider, we will keep the development communication line wide open and will mutually work together to bring a more stable, better, faster, and quite frankly, more awesome experience to you the user.
The beryl ebuilds for SabayonLinux and any gentoo users will continued to be handled through the SabayonLinux overlay.
- Linux kernel 22.214.171.124
- The first Live implementation of the new Kernel Virtual Machine supporting both Intel and AMD architectures (patches backported from 2.6.20-rc2)
- Mactel enhancements, ex. better MacBook, EFI, IR Remote and CPU thermistor support
- PATA over LIBATA with some fixes backported from 2.6.20 tree (no more hdparm issues!)
- New devices support, like bcm43xx over PCI-Express and some new ATI IXP revisions- FUSE 2.6.1- X.Org 7.2 RC3 with all the things belonging to that:
- 1. Better LCD/CRT Display detection
- 2. Really improved Intel Graphics Cards support
- 3. Much more stable ATI Open Source Drivers
- Improved Installer:
- 1. 6th SENSE Upgrade funcionality that let you keep your software by managing dependencies automatically
- 2. A lot of bug fixes and speed improvements on the Upgrader part (about 25% faster now)
- New NetworkManager stack that supports a lot of wireless cards much better
- Beryl 0.1.4 with a nearly perfect OpenGL autodetection and configuration
- Nvidia drivers 9631 and latest ATI drivers
- IPW3945 driver support
- Updated ndiswrapper to 1.32
- Updated unionfs to 1.5 pre-release
- Updated genkernel 3.4.5 with unionfs and eINIT support through accel_init= boot parameter (eg. accel_init=/sbin/einit)
- New LVM Configuration and Management GUI (system-config-lvm, courtesy of Fedora)
- Updated udev to 103
- New zd1211-firmware
- New kicker menu pic and better default cursors
- Fixed thunderbird and others language problems
- Removed guidance for less KDE kcontrol problems
- Newest sabayonlive-tools accel-manager gpu-detector desktop-acceleration-helpers kdelibs kicker qt with fixes
- Newest freetype, libXft, and cairo for better font rendering
- As of linux kernel 2.6.19, all hard drives are seen as sd* through SCSI emulation. As such, our installer compensates for this and does its best to query your hardware set up and properly set grub and fstab during installation time. You must upgrade your installer for the latest fixes. If you run into problems with this, please file a bug report at bugs.sabayonlinux.org
- This distribution contains libdvdcss look here if you live in the U.S. !.
- This distribution contains proprietary and non-GPL softwares too (like from NVIDIA, ATI, Google, etc). Before running them, be sure to read their license and agree with that, otherwise, just remove those applications. To run SabayonLinux without Proprietary drivers, just use "noproprietary" boot flag.
- Reiser4 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. This will be reaccessed at a later time.
- When you exit ColdWar or Quake4 (if you boot with "coldwar" or "quake4") the System will shut down automatically.
- Trademarks are property of their respective owners, everywhere.
Using this feature, you can upgrade any Gentoo-based installation (Gentoo, VLOS, RR4, RR64) to the latest SabayonLinux without losing your personal data and settings. Our Team, however, will only actively support the upgrades using SabayonLinux as base.
By the way, for who doesn't care about that, I'd like to explain two major features of this amazing piece of Python code:
- You can fix your current installation by choosing to reinstall every package, This will take a lot of time but will resurrect your SabayonLinux installation in cases of hard damaging.
- You could (even if it's not so much tested) even upgrade your 32bit installation to a powerful 64bit one (but not the contrary) by using the function described above.
- You can re-configure/reinstall your GRUB (Boot) settings/ without touching any configuration file and/or command line.
- ISO - Torrents:
- SabayonLinux x86 3.25 Torrent download
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.25 Torrent download
- Mirror DotDot
- VT Mirror
- Mirror 3 - not ready
FOR YOUR'S AND OTHER'S SAKE, DO NOT USE ANY OTHER MIRROR UNTIL RELEASED HERE PLEASE
- Sabayon Linux x86 3.25 MD5SUM
- Sabayon Linux x86_64 3.25 MD5SUM
- Sabayon Linux x86 3.25 Linux kernel configuration
- Sabayon Linux x86-64 3.25 Linux kernel configuration
- SabayonLinux x86 3.25 Package list
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.25 Package list
- Extra documentation
- SabayonLinux 3.2 Screenshots Tour