This updated release keeps with the tradition of the CoreCD 4.2 release. The CoreCD is designed with a minimalistic feature set to provide a foundation for building a customized installation tailored to the users specific needs.
As with the previous CoreCD release, CoreCD is a text-based release. There is no X-Server, Gnome, or KDE
- Feature list:
- Bootable Image suitable for a CD or USB thumb drive (~300MB-350MB)
- Text-Based installer
- Basic default networking
- Entropy and Portage ready
For more information, please see the "Visual Tour: CoreCD" on Sabayon's Wiki.
Networking Notes: Advanced user skills may be necessary to implement networking on the CoreCD. The CoreCD can provide simple dhcp networking over wired networks by default. Most advanced networking configurations will require configuration by the user, possibly requiring "chroot-ing" into the CoreCD environment from another Linux environment with working networking.
Resources for Sabayon Linux CoreCD 5.1:
- Sabayon 5.1 CoreCD x86 kernel config
- Sabayon 5.1 CoreCD amd64 kernel config
- Sabayon Linux 5.1 CoreCD x86 Packages
- Sabayon Linux 5.1 CoreCD amd64 Packages
Our Mirrors Page: