Sabayon Linux 4.2 KDE: Stable release

This is the place where you can find all the Sabayon Linux Press Releases

Re: Sabayon Linux 4.2 KDE: Stable release

Postby wolfden » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:11

iamkrazee wrote:I'm returning to Sabayon after a long long time.. the basic reason being that it's back to KDE. And KDE4 that I so loved, that I actually had to make a choice of moving over to a new distro. I'm thrilled to install it now, 2 hours remaining :D

We always had KDE
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby wolfden » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:17

fangspeen wrote:I tried Sabayon 3.4 and did not really like it at the time, however recently I decided to try a newer version and got 4.1 G x64 (it was not a very up to date mirror and I did not notice - South Africa)
I must say that I was very impressed despite the fact that I could not get sound working and that it was not KDE (which I prefer) My favorite part is the Nvidia X Server Settings app which made it a breeze to connect my LCD TV!
So I decided to wait for the 4.2 KDE x64 release which I discovered was about to release. Unfortunately this has been very dissapointing I cannot change anny settings in KDE even if I start the settings app from terminal as root or with sudo.
I even killed kdm and ran startx and startkde as root and still no luck!
The reason why I dug into the settings in the first place is because I'm not able to configure my DSL internet connection or for that matter to manage any of my net work connections.
From the command line I can see that my network interface is up but does not register in kde. I booted from the 4.1 G x64 dvd to post this comment...

I would realy like to get this working though and have not given up on sabayon yet (mainly due to my love of gentoo), any assistance would be appreciated (Its been about 3 years since I was a regular gentoo user)

You need to start a new topic, this isn't a support thread.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby mamado_ehab » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:24

surprised to find it faster and more stable
many thanks
waiting for next version
mamado_ehab
Baby Hen

Previous

Return to Press Releases