Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.5: Stable Release

This is the place where you can find all the Sabayon Linux Press Releases
CarlRon
Young Hen

Re: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.5: Stable Release

Post by CarlRon » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:20

Malaquai wrote:
Norbert wrote:
Malaquai wrote:Downloaded, installed on my Compaq V3218LA Laptop, but same problem with suspend to ram, system freeze ...

I've used recomended setings for this laptop: pci=assign-busses apicmaintimer idle=poll reboot=cold,hard. Some of these options can be the problem ?

Very thanks.
For me system freeze is because of kernel module for PC speaker (it's called pcspkr).
Try 'modprobe -r pcspkr'. May be it helps.
Do you have a Compaq V3000 laptop ? Can you suspend to ram ?. My system only freeze when come back from suspend or sometimes when request suspend to ram. 3.5 loop 3 whithout actualizations works fine. Some actualization (kernel, suspend method, etc) is causing the error. Some parameter in kernel compilation, I don't know...
Try this: nohz=off

wolfden
Sharecropper

Post by wolfden » Sun Jul 06, 2008 18:19

GTOnizuka wrote:Hi, congratulations for your new relase, the best i think into linux world (until now, thanks also to the new package system you've made).
Anyway, only a stupid thing :P The Visual Part 2 tour link to the 3rd part. Correct it :)
It's just a link - vistual tour 2 is for the xorg, if we would of had 1 and 3, people would be going, well where is 2?

twanj
Baby Hen

Post by twanj » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:40

I was a day late w/ the metalinks (which list mirrors, checksums, & other info for repairable downloads over http/ftp) at http://www.metalinker.org/samples/sabayon/ (& about 6 days late posting about it here). :)

I recommend using aria2, DownThemAll! (Firefox extension), and Metalink Checker (Python).

Malaquai
Baby Hen

Post by Malaquai » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:53

....[/quote]

Do you have a Compaq V3000 laptop ? Can you suspend to ram ?. My system only freeze when come back from suspend or sometimes when request suspend to ram. 3.5 loop 3 whithout actualizations works fine. Some actualization (kernel, suspend method, etc) is causing the error. Some parameter in kernel compilation, I don't know...[/quote]

Try this: nohz=off[/quote]

doesn't work ... :_(

cram70blzr
Baby Hen

Post by cram70blzr » Wed Jul 09, 2008 22:45

Just installed on my work laptop: Acer Travelmate 800 with 1gig of ram, and it is running smooooooth right out of the gate.
Wireless pick up with no problems, along with all keyboard operated functions and compiz fusion is just nice.

THX TO ALL

mktyap
Simple Hen

Post by mktyap » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:31

fenius wrote:Very smooth upgrade from loops to 3.5 stable with spritz... you're doing a great job!
Did you upgrade from loop3 using equo update and then spritz?
I did the same but dbus and hald failed to load. Maybe some packages are still flaky to upload??
Then unable to login any and gdm baulks..

Malaquai
Baby Hen

Post by Malaquai » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:17

cram70blzr wrote:Just installed on my work laptop: Acer Travelmate 800 with 1gig of ram, and it is running smooooooth right out of the gate.
Wireless pick up with no problems, along with all keyboard operated functions and compiz fusion is just nice.

THX TO ALL
Suspend to RAM work for you ?

Malaquai
Baby Hen

Post by Malaquai » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:21

Malaquai wrote:
Norbert wrote:
Malaquai wrote:Downloaded, installed on my Compaq V3218LA Laptop, but same problem with suspend to ram, system freeze ...

I've used recomended setings for this laptop: pci=assign-busses apicmaintimer idle=poll reboot=cold,hard. Some of these options can be the problem ?

Very thanks.
For me system freeze is because of kernel module for PC speaker (it's called pcspkr).
Try 'modprobe -r pcspkr'. May be it helps.
Do you have a Compaq V3000 laptop ? Can you suspend to ram ?. My system only freeze when come back from suspend or sometimes when request suspend to ram. 3.5 loop 3 whithout actualizations works fine. Some actualization (kernel, suspend method, etc) is causing the error. Some parameter in kernel compilation, I don't know...
I try to removing a 1 Gb module and with only 512 Mb suspend to RAM works fine. With only 1 GB doesn't works. The 1 Gb work fine in Windows...

mktyap
Simple Hen

Post by mktyap » Fri Jul 11, 2008 15:19

mktyap wrote:Hi all,

V excited that 3.5 is finally here and so I tried torrent today (5 days after to avoid the rush)
I had: Leechers: 2 Seeders: 1 Days to download: 35 Days !!!

Now when I tried to download directly from the mirrors and guess what? After waiting 13 hours at the last 2% download my thread breaks (download incomplete - even tho it says "Download complete"). Did that again and the same thing - at the last few % somehow the download gets aborted.

Plleease help if you can - or enlighten me why would this happen? I am 1/2 way round the globe and mirror maintenance shd appreciate it takes time to complete the last few minutes of dnld.

Are there anyone there who still feels generous enough to remain a seeder?
Finally got the iso and also realized the md5sums have been changed on the mirrors!! Was about to give up and die!!

Zard
Young Hen

Post by Zard » Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:05

Fastest Boot and performance yet with the P4 and nVidia 7900GT! Also Compiz and Sprintz are very smooth. Really like the new appearance. I always use the mplayer plugins for Firefox, as others (vlc, Totem,etc.) almost never work
and I do make good use of Streamtuner by setting playback with Audacious or Amarok. You've included Just about everything one would most likely ever need!. Thanks lxnay and everyone involved.