Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.5: Stable Release

This is the place where you can find all the Sabayon Linux Press Releases
wolfden
Sharecropper
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 0:55
Location: Midwest USA
Contact:

Re: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.5: Stable Release

Post by wolfden » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:35

alcalde wrote:Is there going to be a delta file available to turn the 3.5 rc3 into the final version?
rc3? it was never released to public and no, there is no xdeltas as they would be too large

alcalde
Simple Hen
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2007 18:59

Re: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.5: Stable Release

Post by alcalde » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:56

wolfden wrote:
rc3? it was never released to public and no, there is no xdeltas as they would be too large
Ok, but I'm not sure what you mean about never released to public.

http://www.sabayonlinux.org/tag/altro/n ... eased.html

wolfden
Sharecropper
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 0:55
Location: Midwest USA
Contact:

Re: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.5: Stable Release

Post by wolfden » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:49

alcalde wrote:
wolfden wrote:
rc3? it was never released to public and no, there is no xdeltas as they would be too large
Ok, but I'm not sure what you mean about never released to public.

http://www.sabayonlinux.org/tag/altro/n ... eased.html
As it says:
We are happy to announce Sabayon Linux 3.5 Loop 3 Beta Release

that is a loop release, not a rc3 - the RC = Release Candidate

also see:
http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewt ... 55&t=13914

Jogai
Young Hen
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 22:32
Location: NL
Contact:

Re: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.5: Stable Release

Post by Jogai » Thu Jul 03, 2008 13:36

Good news!
I will install it for my brother too.
Is it still possible to use the red theme? I liked the 3.3 version the most.

And is there anyone who posted this on usenet? Its the best available option to download for me, and it generates a little extra attention too.

Malaquai
Baby Hen
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:54

Re: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.5: Stable Release

Post by Malaquai » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:19

Downloaded, installed on my Compaq V3218LA Laptop, but same problem with suspend to ram, system freeze ...

I've used recomended setings for this laptop: pci=assign-busses apicmaintimer idle=poll reboot=cold,hard. Some of these options can be the problem ?

Very thanks.

Norbert
Young Hen
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Nov 03, 2006 13:54
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.5: Stable Release

Post by Norbert » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:36

Malaquai wrote:Downloaded, installed on my Compaq V3218LA Laptop, but same problem with suspend to ram, system freeze ...

I've used recomended setings for this laptop: pci=assign-busses apicmaintimer idle=poll reboot=cold,hard. Some of these options can be the problem ?

Very thanks.
For me system freeze is because of kernel module for PC speaker (it's called pcspkr).
Try 'modprobe -r pcspkr'. May be it helps.

fenius
Growing Hen
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 17:39
Location: Roma

Re: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.5: Stable Release

Post by fenius » Fri Jul 04, 2008 19:31

Very smooth upgrade from loops to 3.5 stable with spritz... you're doing a great job!

I'm very interested about the future security focus of mini releases. this is a wonderfull idea! Can't wait to try it.

...this summer vacations I'll try to contribute more with Sabayon graphics/style/look ideas and samples... you deserve it all!

Thank you guys!

Hakier
Baby Hen
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 20:06

Re: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.5: Stable Release

Post by Hakier » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:18

good job, but text instalation doesn't work in polish language :P
thanks

mktyap
Simple Hen
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:51
Location: Sg
Contact:

Re: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.5: Stable Release

Post by mktyap » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:19

Hi all,

V excited that 3.5 is finally here and so I tried torrent today (5 days after to avoid the rush)
I had: Leechers: 2 Seeders: 1 Days to download: 35 Days !!!

Now when I tried to download directly from the mirrors and guess what? After waiting 13 hours at the last 2% download my thread breaks (download incomplete - even tho it says "Download complete"). Did that again and the same thing - at the last few % somehow the download gets aborted.

Plleease help if you can - or enlighten me why would this happen? I am 1/2 way round the globe and mirror maintenance shd appreciate it takes time to complete the last few minutes of dnld.

Are there anyone there who still feels generous enough to remain a seeder?

Malaquai
Baby Hen
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:54

Re: Sabayon Linux x86/x86-64 3.5: Stable Release

Post by Malaquai » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:44

Norbert wrote:
Malaquai wrote:Downloaded, installed on my Compaq V3218LA Laptop, but same problem with suspend to ram, system freeze ...

I've used recomended setings for this laptop: pci=assign-busses apicmaintimer idle=poll reboot=cold,hard. Some of these options can be the problem ?

Very thanks.
For me system freeze is because of kernel module for PC speaker (it's called pcspkr).
Try 'modprobe -r pcspkr'. May be it helps.
Do you have a Compaq V3000 laptop ? Can you suspend to ram ?. My system only freeze when come back from suspend or sometimes when request suspend to ram. 3.5 loop 3 whithout actualizations works fine. Some actualization (kernel, suspend method, etc) is causing the error. Some parameter in kernel compilation, I don't know...

Locked