The "I have a dream" release
July 1st, 2008 - The Internet:
codename Ibex Poacher
- Distribution Features, Updates, Changes since 3.4
- Music by: Rob Costlow - Meant to Be (from: http://www.jamendo.com/it/album/888)
- Screenshots on our wiki:
- Visual Tour Part 1
- Visual Tour Part 2
- Linux Kernel 188.8.131.52 with extended Wireless, Laptop (UMPC, like EeePC), Filesystem (unionfs, aufs, squashfs, ext4, NTFS-3g) support
- Really fast boot time (around 30 seconds, depending on your Computer)
- Out-Of-The-Box hardware detection, Input devices, GPUs, wireless, in no time!
- Outstanding easy-to-setup 3D Desktop, Gaming support, thanks to Compiz Fusion 0.7.6 and a set of free Top-Tier Games included or available (Sauerbraten, Second Life!, Nexuiz, Quake4, Warsow, Savage, Wesnoth)
- AMD/ATI Catalyst 8.6
- NVIDIA: 173.14.05, 96.43.05 and 71.86.04 - automatic selection
- X.Org Server 1.4.2 (7.3), automatic input devices configuration through HAL
- Incredible set of ready-to-use applications and Desktop Environments:
- KDE 3.5.9 (KDE 4.0.5 available for download)
- GNOME 2.22.2
- XFCE 4.4.2
- Fluxbox 1.0
- OpenOffice 2.4
- Firefox 3.0
- aMule 2.2.0
- Wine 1.1.0
- Google Earth 4.2 and Picasa 2.7
- Flash 9
- Java 1.6 (IcedTea)
- Innotek VirtualBox 1.5
- Entropy 0.15.23.7: defining the "software2.0" concept (read our current/future development plan and status, sponsored by the NLnet Foundation)
- This is the Cool, Exclusive, Fast, User-oriented, Sabayon Linux Package Manager, Portage compatible, written from scratch
- Featuring "equo" as Textual front-end
- Featuring "Spritz" as Graphical front-end (based on YumEx)
- Featuring a notification applet front-end to keep your system up-to-date (based on RHN-Applet)
- Featuring an Online Packages Browser at packages.sabayonlinux.org
- Featuring "Community Repositories" support, every user will be able to create his/her own repository in less than 15 minutes
- Featuring Gentoo Linux Security Advisories support, enabling you to easily and quickly get informed about security threats and their fixes/package updates
- Completely internationalized into your language (5 languages currently supported), help us!
- Around 7500 applications available for buth 32 and 64bit Computers
- Multiple branches support, wanna stick with 3.5 during the 4.0 development? No problem!
- Currently at about 40000 lines of code, and growing
- No more headaches to keep your System updated, We do it for You! Two clicks or a few keystrokes, this is what you just need.
- Completely based on Open Source technologies (Python, SQLite, MySQL, OpenSSL, Urwid, gzip), source code available at svn.sabayonlinux.org
- One of the first Gentoo-based Linux distribution actively supporting source and binary packages.
- Sabayon Linux Installer:
- Now with a refreshed and more polished look
- Featuring the following installation profiles:
- KDE 3.5.9
- GNOME 2.22.2
- XFCE 4.4.2
- Fluxbox 1.0
- UMPC (really tight setup, featuring XFCE)
- Core (server-oriented setup)
- Featuring a Custom Packages Selector, to allow tweaking your installation to death
- Improved Software RAID, Fake RAID and Windows detection
- Intense bug fixing, most of the code has been rewritten from scratch to reduce system libraries dependency
- Fully integrated with the Entropy subsystem
- Media Center functionalities:
- GeeXbox 1.1-devel included
- Elisa Media Center 0.3.5
- From future:
- KDE 4.1 ready!
- Sabayon Linux 4.0 upgrade ready!
- EeePC 10xxx ready!
- Known issues:
- Ath5k wireless driver doesn't support EeePC yet, please use ndiswrapper.
- Resources for Sabayon Linux 3.5 Stable:
- SabayonLinux x86 3.5 torrent file
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.5 torrent file
- SabayonLinux x86 3.5 Torrent (thepiratebay.org)
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.5 Torrent download (thepiratebay.org)
- SabayonLinux x86 3.5 Torrent (mininova.org)
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.5 Torrent download (mininova.org)
- SabayonLinux x86 3.5 Torrent (linuxtracker.org)
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.5 Torrent download (inuxtracker.org)
- Official Mirrors Page
- Sabayon Linux x86 3.5 md5 hash
- Sabayon Linux x86_64 3.5 md5 hash
- Sabayon Linux x86 3.5 Linux kernel configuration
- Sabayon Linux x86-64 3.5 Linux kernel configuration
- SabayonLinux x86 3.5 Package list
- SabayonLinux x86-64 3.5 Package list
- Extra documentation
PLEASE - GIVE BACK A DONATION TO US
- PayPal Donation Page
##### If you would like to support our Project, please consider to download or purchase a DVD from here:
- The Linux Store recommended
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4270605 : x86
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1556259 : x86
http://thepiratebay.org/tor/4270607 : x86_64
http://www.mininova.org/tor/1556264 : x86_64
ISO - Torrents (Preferred way):
- Important Notes:
- This distribution contains libdvdcss look here if you live in the U.S. !.
- This distribution contains proprietary and non-GPL softwares too (like from NVIDIA, ATI, Google, etc). Before running them, be sure to read their license and agree with that, otherwise, just remove those applications. To run SabayonLinux without Proprietary drivers, just use "noproprietary" boot flag.
- When you exit Sauerbraten or Nexuiz your Computer will shut down automatically.
- Trademarks are property of their respective owners, everywhere.