Trouble with ncurses-6.1-r2

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

welele
Baby Hen

Trouble with ncurses-6.1-r2

Post by welele » Wed May 02, 2018 16:30

Hi

my system is bogus since updating ncurses to 6.1-r2. Launching cfdisk, testdisk and several program result in a seg fault.
In both case, gdb indicate a segfault in termattrs_sp() in /lib/libncusesw.so.6.

According to gentoo bugzilla, it seems to be linked to tinfo use flag.
I build a custom version of ncurses-6.1-r2 without tinfo use flag (and installed it via a custom entropy repo).

Now testdisk launch, but cfdisk still segfault.

I don't know what to do next to run again cfdisk, lack of idea...

Furthermore, since removing tlinfo useflag is strongly adviced in gentoo's bugzilla about ncurses, i think i'm not the only one having issue. Maybe rebuilding ncurses-6.1-r2 could help a lot. I don't know what is the correct way to ask this.

Thank by advance for help.

sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Re: Trouble with ncurses-6.1-r2

Post by sabayonino » Wed May 02, 2018 17:28

Sabayon Bugzilla is the right place to report this.

thanks
[Che Cos'è Il Calcolo Distribuito (BOINC)

BOINC ready ! Sabayon+BOINC = BILD ,my Sabayon spin :cyclops: - Ready to crunch for the Science everywhere :)

gentmixer
Simple Hen

Post by gentmixer » Thu May 03, 2018 21:36

Make eventually a link in "/usr/bin" to "/sbin/cfdisk"... Will be simpler... Check if there in "/lib64" and "usr/lib64" are links "libncurses.so" and "libncursesw.so" to the "libbncurses.so.6.1" and "libncursesw.so.6.1" and make them eventually (just in the case)... Install anew an original version of "ncurses" before.
Last edited by gentmixer on Sat May 05, 2018 0:49, edited 8 times in total.

gentmixer
Simple Hen

Post by gentmixer » Thu May 03, 2018 23:16

Works... No segfaults.
UPDATE:
Works, but it is not "cfdisk" from "util-linux-2.30.2-r1" from Sabayon repos in my system... I forgot that I have installed a newer version "util-linux" from Gentoo. It works of course normally from root account. It is a problem of "util-linux", not "ncurses" rather. I am very sorry for a potential confusion. Maybe relinking "ncurses" is unrequired... but I left my links...
Last edited by gentmixer on Sat May 05, 2018 0:52, edited 5 times in total.

sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Post by sabayonino » Fri May 04, 2018 16:24

files a "Bug" means to solve some problems also
app-misc/mc and ncurses libraries must be recompiled to fix some broken links or other stuffs and "bugzilla" or IRC are the right places to speed up the question(s)/answer(s)
[Che Cos'è Il Calcolo Distribuito (BOINC)

BOINC ready ! Sabayon+BOINC = BILD ,my Sabayon spin :cyclops: - Ready to crunch for the Science everywhere :)