kdeinit couldn't start kalarm

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

arjuna
Baby Hen

kdeinit couldn't start kalarm

Post by arjuna » Mon Jan 09, 2017 13:14

Dear communíty,

after the last update a few days ago I couldn't start kalarm by clicking on the starter button. It returns me an error message that KDEInit couldn't find /usr/bin/kalarm.

It was always reproduceable by clicking on the starter button and by clicking on the main menu kalarm dies with no response.

Now I found another reproducable thing. When typing kalarm -h in the terminal with the normal user, it lists the help menu and then trying to restart kalarm with the starter button it suddenly pops up and seems to function normally.

If I type only kalarm, nothing happens.

Strange thing. With this I did solve this issue partially.

another issue seems to be, that sometimes i couldn't click on the desktop menu bar. It just works again, when completely finishing the kalarm program, then the error message will be returned again and after clicking on "OK" I can use my desktop again.

Any ideas how I can fix this? I did find this bug report (but it's in the ubuntu section) that the former kde 4.x did have this bug:

Here is the age-old bug report.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/184337

It seems that my packages are a little mixed up?! I never had this error before.

OK, just another edit again.

I filed a bug report regarding this issue here: https://bugs.sabayon.org/show_bug.cgi?id=5331

arjuna
Baby Hen

Re: kdeinit couldn't start kalarm

Post by arjuna » Sun Jan 22, 2017 18:33

Found a partial solution:

In the terminal I typed in:
$ xhost local:0

then I typed in

$ kalarm -h

this error message was returned:
"Message recipient disconnected from message bus without replying"

When I click again at the kalarm-icon it starts up and when I end the program then this message was returned:

KDEInit kann „/usr/bin/kalarm“ nicht starten --> KDEInit can't start "/usr/bin/kalarm"

I also checked it, if the file was somehow gone, but I found it in the abovementioned path. Strange thing.

Any ideas what went wrong after the last update?