Amuleadu don't start, again. [Solved]

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Amuleadu don't start, again.

Postby Burno Sauri » Mon Jun 30, 2014 20:46

Hi.
if I understand correctly, these is the order of the steps ( my situation is like a new installation):

Code: Select all
# emerge --sync


Code: Select all
# equo install git


Code: Select all
emerge -p binutils
emerge -av binutils


Code: Select all
  # layman -a sabayon
    # layman -a sabayon-distro
    # layman -S


Code: Select all
$ emerge -s amuleadu


Code: Select all
# emerge -p amuleadu


Code: Select all
# LINGUAS="it" USE="binutils" emerge -av amuleadu

or
Code: Select all
ACCEPT_LICENSE="*" LINGUAS="it" USE="binutils" emerge -av amuleadu

which of the two?

Code: Select all
# emerge -s binutils
# emerge -s amuleadu


Code: Select all
# equo rescue spmsync


Is this ok? Can I proceed?
I thanks all of you.
Burno Sauri
Simple Hen
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 18:09

Re: Amuleadu don't start, again.

Postby albfneto » Mon Jun 30, 2014 21:54

If is like a new installation, the steps are correct, but...

at first, edit the file /etc/entropy/client.conf and in the line ignore spmdowngrades, change "disable" to "enable"

then, save the file and execute the commands of your post.
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE
User avatar
albfneto
Sagely Hen
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:15
Location: Ribeirão Preto City, São Paulo State, Brazil

Re: Amuleadu don't start, again.

Postby Burno Sauri » Tue Jul 01, 2014 18:38

I have encountered the seguent errors:
Code: Select all
sabayon ~ # layman -a sabayon

 * Adding overlay,...
 * Running Git... # ( cd /var/lib/layman  && /usr/bin/git clone git://sabayon.org/projects/overlay.git /var/lib/layman/sabayon )
Cloning into '/var/lib/layman/sabayon'...
fatal: unable to connect to sabayon.org:
sabayon.org[0: 149.132.176.64]: errno=Connessione rifiutata

 * Failure result returned from Git
 * Running Git... # ( cd /var/lib/layman/sabayon  && /usr/bin/git config user.name "layman" )
 * [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/var/lib/layman/sabayon'
 * Adding repository "sabayon" failed!

 * CLI: Errors occurred processing action add
 * Adding repository "sabayon" failed!

sabayon ~ # layman -a sabayon-distro

 * Adding overlay,...
 * Exception: Overlay "sabayon-distro" does not exist.

 * CLI: Errors occurred processing action add
 * Exception: Overlay "sabayon-distro" does not exist.

sabayon ~ #

I thank you.
Burno Sauri
Simple Hen
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 18:09

Re: Amuleadu don't start, again.

Postby sabayonino » Tue Jul 01, 2014 19:02

first time
before to install an overlay , get full list of overlays


Assuming you've already git installed :

Get a full list of overlays
Code: Select all
# layman -L


Adding Sabayon Overlay
Code: Select all
# layman -a sabayon


if you have porblems adding sabayon , remove ...
Code: Select all
# layman -d sabayon


add Sabayon again
Code: Select all
# layman -a sabayon



Install amuleadu
Code: Select all
# LINGUAS="it" emerge amuleadu --ask

(Useflag "binutils" doesn't exist , binutils is a tool to build programs )

Learning "layman" and "Overlays" : read gentoo wiki
Layman : https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Layman
Overlay + Eix : https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Overlay
Searchin' ebuild(s) over Overlay(s) via web browser :Zugaina Web Search or Eix browsing all ebuilds locally .
User avatar
sabayonino
Sagely Hen
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:12
Location: Italy

Re: Amuleadu don't start, again.

Postby Burno Sauri » Tue Jul 01, 2014 21:11

nothing,
another one problem:
the process hangs here, and me too....


Code: Select all
++-5.6.2-r1/image//usr/lib64/libcrypto++.la
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/lib64'
>>> Completed installing crypto++-5.6.2-r1 into /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/crypto++-5.6.2-r1/image/

strip: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip --strip-unneeded -R .comment -R .GCC.command.line -R .note.gnu.gold-version
   usr/lib64/libcrypto++.so.0.0.0

>>> Installing (7 of 8) dev-libs/crypto++-5.6.2-r1

>>> Emerging (8 of 8) net-p2p/amuleadu-2010.1::sabayon
 * Fetching files in the background. To view fetch progress, run
 * `tail -f /var/log/emerge-fetch.log` in another terminal.

I surrender....
Burno Sauri
Simple Hen
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 18:09

Re: Amuleadu don't start, again.

Postby sabayonino » Tue Jul 01, 2014 21:51

Burno Sauri wrote:nothing,
another one problem:
the process hangs here, and me too....


Code: Select all
++-5.6.2-r1/image//usr/lib64/libcrypto++.la
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /usr/lib64'
>>> Completed installing crypto++-5.6.2-r1 into /var/tmp/portage/dev-libs/crypto++-5.6.2-r1/image/

strip: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-strip --strip-unneeded -R .comment -R .GCC.command.line -R .note.gnu.gold-version
   usr/lib64/libcrypto++.so.0.0.0

>>> Installing (7 of 8) dev-libs/crypto++-5.6.2-r1

>>> Emerging (8 of 8) net-p2p/amuleadu-2010.1::sabayon
 * Fetching files in the background. To view fetch progress, run
 * `tail -f /var/log/emerge-fetch.log` in another terminal.

I surrender....



read the message !!
Fetching files in the background. To view fetch progress, run
* `tail -f /var/log/emerge-fetch.log` in another terminal.


amuleadu was in download . to see download progress open a terminal and run " tail -f /var/log/emerge-fetch.log"

retry to install amuleadu
User avatar
sabayonino
Sagely Hen
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:12
Location: Italy

Re: Amuleadu don't start, again.

Postby Burno Sauri » Tue Jul 01, 2014 22:07

Hi Sabayonino,
you are right: it was in download, but after , when I call " amuleadu" in the terminal the result is the same: it's not installed.
Burno Sauri
Simple Hen
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 18:09

Re: Amuleadu don't start, again.

Postby sabayonino » Tue Jul 01, 2014 22:56

Burno Sauri wrote:Hi Sabayonino,
you are right: it was in download, but after , when I call " amuleadu" in the terminal the result is the same: it's not installed.
...without compiling...

I think you don't know how "portage/emerge" works
User avatar
sabayonino
Sagely Hen
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:12
Location: Italy

Re: Amuleadu don't start, again.

Postby albfneto » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:40

The compilation working, since i tried to install AmuleAdu in my system,and it works.

Seems to be not compiled ,the new binutils package. Please try all these commands in order:

Code: Select all
# emerge --sync
# layman -S
# layman -a sabayon
# layman -d sabayon
# layman -a sabayon
# layman -a sabayon-distro
# layman -d sabayon-distro
# layman -a sabayon-distro
# layman -S
# LINGUAS="it" emerge -av binutils amuleadu


Wait until all the compilations finished. It is not so fast!
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE
User avatar
albfneto
Sagely Hen
 
Posts: 1711
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:15
Location: Ribeirão Preto City, São Paulo State, Brazil

Re: Amuleadu don't start, again.

Postby sabayonino » Wed Jul 02, 2014 17:45

albfneto wrote:The compilation working, since i tried to install AmuleAdu in my system,and it works.

Seems to be not compiled ,the new binutils package. Please try all these commands in order:

Code: Select all
# emerge --sync
# layman -S
# layman -a sabayon
# layman -d sabayon
# layman -a sabayon
# layman -a sabayon-distro
# layman -d sabayon-distro
# layman -a sabayon-distro
# layman -S
# LINGUAS="it" emerge -av binutils amuleadu



Wait until all the compilations finished. It is not so fast!





sabayon overlay is installed !! no need to reinstall SO ! just compiling amuleadu !
binutils-2.23 is already installed
User avatar
sabayonino
Sagely Hen
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:12
Location: Italy

PreviousNext

Return to Software in General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest