LibreOffice 4.204 is bugged.How to downgr or upgrd? [Solved]

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

LibreOffice 4.204 is bugged.How to downgr or upgrd? [Solved]

Postby playez » Thu Feb 27, 2014 14:50

I receive confirmations in AskLibreoffice that version 4.2.0 is bugged.

When i open a clac sheet with some cells containing non-latin text, calc freeze when i try to delete a selection of rows where one of rows contain offending text. When delete only the row with offending text, it works. Is worst when i try too delete any column, freeze all the time. Selecting all sheet and try to change fonts for all cells, freeze again. I open some csv, the all page have Liberation sans font, and cell containing 路 文龙 show me Unifont font.

now the answer:
If you are using 4.2.0 then upgrade to 4.2.1 because that sounds like a known problem in 4.2.0 that is fixed in 4.2.1

Now, how to upgrade or downgrade? I cannot doo nothing at my work until i get rid of this 4.2.0 version of libreoffice. I have to search visualy in thousand of rows defending text and delete them before to process the sheets.
I try to instal fron sources but is impossible, after i installed countless "ant" dependencies, still ./make give errors.
I try to delete all ganji, indi, chinese fonts i find in Sabayon, ido not how to instal rpm or deb.
Last edited by playez on Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:16, edited 2 times in total.
playez
Baby Hen

Re: LibreOffice 4.204 is bugged. How to downgrade or upgrade

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:47

Please click on the link 'Bugs' at the top of this page and file a bug report to bring the problem to the attention of the SL developers, as they don't necessarily read through all the forums' posts. Version 4.2.1.1 will probably be getting into the Entropy repository soon anyway, as there is an ebuild in Gentoo.

If you are very desperate, you could try downgrading to the binary for 4.1.4.2 in Portage (as I write this, the binary for 4.2.1.1 is not in Portage yet):

http://packages.gentoo.org/package/app- ... office-bin

To do that, try the following:

Code: Select all
# equo remove libreoffice
# equo install git subversion
# emerge --sync
# layman -S
# layman -d sabayon-distro
# layman -d sabayon
# layman -a sabayon-distro
# layman -a sabayon
# emerge -1v =libreoffice-bin-4.1.4.2
# equo rescue spmsync

If you want to try building 4.2.1.1 from source then replace "=libreoffice-bin-4.1.4.2" with "=libreoffice-4.2.1.1" but be warned that, depending on your hardware, it could take hours to build (and you may, or may not, be successful). That's why I suggest you try installing the binary from Portage first.

You might also want to mask the buggy version in Entropy. See the SL Wiki article on Entropy for how to do that.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby playez » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:11

Finnaly, i see the next version of libreoffice in limbo repositories and i temporary enabled limbo and installed.
Lucky, it save me form switching for a debian linux, where i easy find packages for libre office, after over-night ./make -ing libreoffice, for unusable resulted binaries. Also, the emerge trick from previous post do not want to install libreoffice, it's stop after another compilling time-eating session.
In this adventure i see waht is the cost of compiling binaries for really huge packages, in time, brain sanity and social life cost. My true appreciation for sabayon devs, and all other linux devs. Thank you.
And please keep 2 version of libreoffice in stable repos all the time.
playez
Baby Hen

Postby Stupot » Fri Feb 28, 2014 16:32

playez wrote:And please keep 2 version of libreoffice in stable repos all the time.

That's not really the way binary package managers work, here or anywhere else. I'm not saying the situation can't be improved, but I'm not aware of any binary distro that maintains two versions of libreoffice in their official repository. What we're lacking is a 3rd party repo.
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Return to Software in General