Configure Google Agendas & Tasks in korganizer

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Configure Google Agendas & Tasks in korganizer

Postby imaginasys » Mon Feb 17, 2014 20:09

Hi,

I'm trying to configure korganizer. I want to add my google calendar and I can't get it at all.

I go in "configure korganizer' then I select the tab "agendas" from the general object.
Then I click on "add" and " Google Agendas & tasks" and from there I have the possibility to add an account.
If I click on the button "add", a window open that show a progress bar. The progress bar goes to 100% and nothing else is happening ??? If I close this window, the google account is not created. All I see from korganizer after that is the google account with the mention "not configured" ???

Anybody could tell me how to configure it please ?

Regards,

Bernard :mrgreen:

PS: The objects name can be differents since my sabayon is in candadian-french.
imaginasys
Simple Hen

Re: Configure Google Agendas & Tasks in korganizer

Postby kwacorn » Mon Feb 17, 2014 23:30

I recently successfully did what I think you are trying to do, though via a different route. Effectively I was adding an Akonadi Resource. In the sidebar of the Korganizer window I right clicked on the calendar manager (bottom left box in my Korganizer) and selected Add Calendar... and then chose Google Calendars and Tasks and added account details as requested. I achieved the same thing via KAddress book too, right clicking on the Address Books section then Add Address Book... and selecting Google Contacts, that added the calendars also. Alternatively I could have done this via Akonadi Configuration or KDE System Settings > Personal Information.

Hope that's of some help.
kwacorn
Young Hen

Postby imaginasys » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:28

Sorry no cigar! Same results.
imaginasys
Simple Hen

Postby imaginasys » Wed Feb 19, 2014 14:25

I have installed kde-meta on my home machine and I'am able to configure a google calendar.

The final windows with a progress bar appeared but then under it there is a dialog from google asking to log into my gmail account. This part never appeared on my other laptop at work.

My laptop at work is an intel machine and at home it is an amd machine. I must have the same kde packages since I installed kde-meta on boths machines.

On portage there is some packages that I cant find in entropy
    kde-misc/akonadi-facebook
    kde-misc/akonadi-git-resource
    kde-misc/akonadi-social-utils

Since google calendar is working from my amd laptop, is it possible that those package are included in the amd version but not in the intel version ???

And if not, how can I reinstall the entropy package that would contains them ? What would be its name ?

:mrgreen:
imaginasys
Simple Hen

Return to Software in General