Starting mysql

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Starting mysql

Postby gallienus » Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:18

After two months of saving I finally scraped together the needed funds to build a new pc to replace the one that died. This gave me the opportunity to do a totally fresh install of Sabayon. Which brings me to the reason for my post.
I have everything I want installed and working except for Mythtv which requires Mysql. After installing and setting up Mysql with mysql_install_db Mysql is not starting. I've googled the problem and found some info on using systemctl but,

Code: Select all
sudo systemctl start mysql.service

Only yields,

[email protected] ~ $ sudo systemctl start mysqld.service
Failed to issue method call: Unit mysqld.service failed to load: No such file or directory. See system logs and 'systemctl status mysqld.service' for details.

And systemctl status mysql.service only gets
Failed to issue method call: Access denied
[email protected] ~ $ sudo systemctl status mysql.service
mysql.service
Loaded: error (Reason: No such file or directory)
Active: inactive (dead)

I found this link http://superuser.com/questions/384365/systemctl-enable-differs-from-systemctl-start-how. But I'm not sure if that's a proper solution for sabayon. Can anyone give me any advice on how to get mysql to start and to set it up so it starts at boot?

P.S.
After two months of having to use a pc with ubuntu on it it's soooo good to be using sabayon again.
gallienus
Growing Hen

Re: Starting mysql

Postby reitermaniac » Sat Aug 24, 2013 17:08

I had the same Problem. there is a service mysqld@.service. you can rename it to mysqld.service. then it should work.
reitermaniac
Baby Hen

Return to Software in General