Krusader: no progress bar (on all DEs) [Solved]

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Krusader: no progress bar (on all DEs) [Solved]

Postby loverollingrelease » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:35

I guess it's an Xfce-thing because the progressbar is not handled by krusader. On every other distro it's working, I even tried changing themes..etc. but the progressbar will not appear while copying.

Is there any setting where I can enable notifications for example (if that helps)?

TIA

Edit:
This is really annoying, I tried different WMs like Fluxbox, Emerald, Metacity, Openbox and Mutter under Xfce, the progressbar still not appears.

I'll test now KDE/ Mate to find out if it's just a Xfce-thing and related to a bug there, idk.

Edit #2:
On Mate it's not working as well.

I then installed KDE, and guess what...the progressbar does not come up, just a notification-icon on the taskbar.

Is this is a Bug related to Sabayon? If so, I'd like to file a bug report. I changed the subject.
Last edited by loverollingrelease on Fri Feb 01, 2013 16:54, edited 1 time in total.
loverollingrelease
Simple Hen

Re: BUG on Sabayon? - Krusader: no progress bar (on all DEs)

Postby loverollingrelease » Fri Feb 01, 2013 16:53

Solution:

Code: Select all
equo install kdebase-runtime-meta --ask

This installs the missing packages that Krusader can show notifications and of course the progress bar.

After installing Krusader Entropy says:

WARNING! Your system configuration contains neither "kde-base/kdebase-runtime-meta" nor "kde-base/kdebase-startkde". You need one of above. With this setting you are unsupported by KDE team. All missing features you report for misc packages will be probably ignored or closed as INVALID.

On any other distro there's no need to install the package, just on Sabayon. I looked it up on Mint, Fedora and Arch, these packages are not needed there, Krusaders progress bar comes up.

Anyway, I'm glad this is fixed!
loverollingrelease
Simple Hen

Return to Software in General