Problems with KDE 4

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Problems with KDE 4

Postby vfafou » Sun Jan 20, 2013 19:42

I'm sorry for the duplication, I wanted to describe other problems and I accidentally copied and pasted the previous one.
So my problems are:

1. Sometimes I boot at KDE, the panel shows grey instead of transparent glass as the Air theme is chosen. Note that I have an AMD E-350 vision laptop and I have replaced the proprietary driver with the open one, with kernel 3.7.

2. Google earth does not inherit the system's chosen font.

3. I can't have accented Greek letters. KDE shows ´α instead of ά.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you!
Last edited by vfafou on Sun Jan 20, 2013 21:22, edited 2 times in total.
vfafou
Young Hen

Re: Problems with KDE 4.9.5

Postby dunsurfin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 20:14

You have already posted about this http://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=28910 and it is not a good idea to post twice about the same problem.
Self-righteousness is a loud din raised to drown the voice of guilt within us - Eric Hoffer

Don't believe what it says on the right - I am anything but sagely; More oniony!
dunsurfin
Sagely Hen

Re: Problems with KDE 4

Postby Ryuno-Ki » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:50

vfafou wrote:I'm sorry for the duplication, I wanted to describe other problems and I accidentally copied and pasted the previous one.

For the future, you can just hit the "report" button on your post (a gray triangular with its top downwards). Add additional information and ask for merging the threads.

vfafou wrote:2. Google earth does not inherit the system's chosen font.

In case Google Earth uses GTK libraries (not the default!), you could try this. I've found some hints, that GE is using media-fonts/corefonts. So you could try this out, too.

vfafou wrote:3. I can't have accented Greek letters. KDE shows ´α instead of ά.

Maybe it works similiar to German umlauts ... You could provide /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf and /etc/conf.d/keymap and look for "nodeadkeys". Does it works in a virtual console (e.g. Ctrl+Alt+F2) correctly?

Mine looks like this:
Code: Select all
$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/00-keyboard.conf
Section "InputClass"
       Identifier "keyboard"
       MatchIsKeyboard "yes"
       Option "XkbLayout" "de"
       #Option "XkbVariant" "nodeadkeys"
       Option  "XkbOptions" ""
EndSection

A last guess is this thread.
HP-Pavilion ◆ AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 4000+ ◆ GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ◆ 1 GiB RAM
German Wiki translator ◆ Want to contribute on the wiki? Ask the Bureaucrats!
Please, mark solved threads ◆ Posts unread and unansweredPackage requests ◆ Sabayon XI with MATE
Ryuno-Ki
Technological Hen

Re: Problems with KDE 4

Postby Butler3 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:24

I have Radeon 9000 graphics card...sorry I forgot to wrote but on the same computer with KDE3 and won the same computer but with different account (user) everything works. IMO drivers are not a problem.

There are more problems: nepomukservicestub crashed all the time, same kde4-gnash.

Looks like that is KDE4 still in pre beta version.
Butler3
Baby Hen

Return to Software in General