Texlive and related packages

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Texlive and related packages

Postby joe74 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:02

I'm new to Sabayon Linux, but I have some years on the linux road, so it hasn't been any difficult to get used to Sabayon package management, in fact, I really like both options using Entropy and Portage systems.

Well, I use TeXlive to typeset my documents (personal and work use), and at first I installed Texmaker, which is kind of an IDE to create documents, compile them and convert them to PS, PDF and such... So, I noticed that Texmaker got short in asking for its dependencies for all that was installed wasn't enough to compile and produce a simple document. I thought maybe packagers are not quite involved in using TeX, but well... After that I tried installing what I thought I was missing, and, also thought it would fetch the rest of dependencies, but no. So I noticed texlive-latexextras was missing in both of my tries, which is a fundamental package for getting a minimal usable TeX environment.

I make this notice maybe packagers could take an action about these in further versions.

Thanks.
joe74
Baby Hen

Re: Texlive and related packages

Postby joe74 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:37

sabayonino wrote:the extra packages should be installed separately ,for a basic use latex it is not expected.

if you want latextras include as dependency please report at https://bugs.sabayon.org/ +

Thanks for your suggestion. May be would be a good idea to create a metapackage with basic installation of dependencies.
joe74
Baby Hen

Return to Software in General