konqueror, site certificates, & passwords [Solved]

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

konqueror, site certificates, & passwords [Solved]

Postby joe3 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 20:26

I just tried Konqueror again for the first time in years. I'm very keyboard oriented and I must say I greatly impressed with the improvements. I do wish I could find some setting to disable prompting me about saving site passwords and allowing certificates that it doesn't think match. Heck almost every place I go on the web uses it's own certificates, and I'm getting tires of the pop-up about it.

I guess I'm looking to set a couple of global default settings:

For passwords: Don't ask and NEVER save.
For certificates: Don't ask and always accept

But aside from the instance specific pop-ups, I cant find any settings for either of these.

Am I just blind? or could somebody tell me how to accomplish this?
Last edited by joe3 on Tue Oct 04, 2011 16:24, edited 1 time in total.
joe3
Advanced Hen

Re: konqueror, site certificates, & passwords

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Mon Oct 03, 2011 22:41

For passwords, according to Google (http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=84005): Settings > Configure Konqueror > Web Browsing. Untick 'Form Completion'.

For certificates: I'm not sure but, as there is no Settings > Configure Konqueror > Crypto option in Konqueror any more, I have the feeling it is not possible to do what you want.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: konqueror, site certificates, & passwords

Postby joe3 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:49

Fitzcarraldo wrote:For passwords, according to Google (http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=84005): Settings > Configure Konqueror > Web Browsing. Untick 'Form Completion'.
Thank you! I thought that option was about whether or not it might suggest "joe3" when I type the "j" in Sabayon Forums Login field... {which didn't bother me. Unlike the way it wants to store an actual password.}

Fitzcarraldo wrote:For certificates: I'm not sure but, as there is no Settings > Configure Konqueror > Crypto option in Konqueror any more, I have the feeling it is not possible to do what you want.
That would figure... At least the password preservation offer was unobtrusive enough to let me finish what I came there to do before I have to deal with it. But the certificate warnings are pop-up boxes that steal the focus and get in the way. I sometimes have to click on 4 pop-ups to get it to stop. two about viewing the details and two about accepting the certificate, just to login to a forum.... {sigh}

By the way, I found an old post of yours:
http://forum.sabayon.org/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=11030
which with a little bit of head scratching told me what I needed to know to add the scroogle search engine. Thanks.

Then I found something that suggested that the package name that might add an actual search bar was named konq-plugins, {no wonder I hadn't found it with "equo search konqueror"} which for me is more comfortable than typing "s:searchterm" in the location bar.

Umm I started to ask for suggestions on how to get flash working in konqueror?? But after installing kde-base/nsplugins, then clicking on scan for plugins, and finally rebooting Flash is now working in konqueror :D
joe3
Advanced Hen

Return to Software in General