Few problems/questions

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Few problems/questions

Postby stanks » Sat Sep 24, 2011 16:50

me again :)

i have some problems with e17.
1. i am trying to set few startup apps. when i open settings -> apps -> startup applications, under system tab i have few on list but under applications tab no applications at all. where is the problem? (this worked for me on bodhi/ubuntu)
2. krusader don't want to open some files that i associate with jubler. jubler is subtitle app written in java. i can open this files from command line too, but when i want to save changes i get error that file is not writeable. if i open jubler (which i added) from e17 menu and then subtitle then save changes everything is ok. any solution?
3. i can't run virtualbox from e17 menu. the application failed to start is error msg. now with synaptic i could see full path with filename of installed files for some package. how to do this with equo or sulfur? then i could start virtualbox from cl and see what is the problem (i guess that problem is something about compiling driver for kernel or not adding me as user to vbox group)

that's it for now :-D

thanks
stanks
Baby Hen

Re: Few problems/questions

Postby stanks » Sat Sep 24, 2011 16:59

i have another 2 questions :)
1. how to install local file with equo
2. i find in package repo dvdauthor v0.6.18 but i have 0.6.14 and when i try equo update i get msg that everything is updated. when this version will be available or the better question is what i am doing wrong?

thanks
stanks
Baby Hen

Postby stanks » Sun Sep 25, 2011 13:02

i solved first problem with removing .e dir in my home dir and then config e17 again.
stanks
Baby Hen

Postby stanks » Sun Sep 25, 2011 15:31

jubler and krusader problem solved with installing jubler from sabayon repo
stanks
Baby Hen

Postby stanks » Sun Sep 25, 2011 15:54

third problem solved with equo query files and the problem why virtualbox won't start from e17 menu is because of path. it is installed in /opt/bin and /opt/bin is not in env PATH var. so add this path to PATH var or change virtualbox-bin.desktop (/usr/share/applications) file as root and add /opt/bin before VirtualBox in Exec path. i had to do similar for htop app (change Exec to Exec=lxterminal -t htop -e htop)
stanks
Baby Hen

Return to Software in General