Todays updates Broke my System!??!? [Solved]

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Todays updates Broke my System!??!? [Solved]

Postby greendave8 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:13

ok,

This morning whilst in GNOME, I opened and updated Sulfur, madly updating and syncing repos, not really knowing what I was doing. It said there were 44 updates, so I went ahead, thinking I have nothing to lose.... I rebooted and logged into KDE successfully.

Just as it was, the system is now stable again and working fine.... Thanks to whoever does the updating etc....

Cheers

GD8 :D :D :D :D :D :D
greendave8
Growing Hen

Postby greendave8 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 19:58

Hello All,

I just wanted to add that although I was "locked out of kde" and it was baaaaad! At least I could still do stuff with the Gnome environment.... which eventually (24 hrs) led me to solve the problem (with help from the forum). Now in the long dark bygone days of windoze... when it dont boot, it just dont boot.... What can you do? Repair console does not a lot unless you are a programmer.....

So Sabayon and other distro's at least give more alternatives to just reformatting and start again.... Linux wins again....

I think this distro just gets better, .... with the odd hiccup..... but none the less, a brilliant distro.

Thats all, well done to Lxnay, Joost, Genfool and everyone else who does so much.... I think I may well be dropping a donation just shortly....

Well done all, thanks again

gd8 :D :D :D :D
greendave8
Growing Hen

Postby albfneto » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:27

under GNOME Boot, or Flux, try to re-install the KDE packages, using the Sulfur GUI.
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
albfneto@fcfrp.usp.br
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE
albfneto
Sagely Hen

Previous

Return to Software in General