SL 6 SSH [Solved]

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

SL 6 SSH [Solved]

Postby nomad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:47

I have three boxes all running SL. The basement PC is running an NFS file server, nothing fancy, just an old SL 4x KDE version with NFS exports. The main PC is running a new SL 6 install and so far so good except for this ssh issue. The test PC is running 3-boots: Linux Mint 11, SL 5.5 KDE, SL 6 KDE. All pings to any host IP addy are fine as in will return with no packet loss, so ping is not an issue.

Here is the problem:

The main PC is running SL 6 (no multi-boot) and can ssh into the basement PC (SL 4x) NFS server just fine, but not vice versa.

The test PC, if it is booted into SL 6, can ssh into the basement NFS server (SL 4x) just fine, but not vice versa. If it is booted into SL 5.5, then ssh will work with the basement NFS server (SL 4x) and vice versa. The main PC running SL 6 can ssh into SL 5.5 but not vice versa.

If both SL 6 are running then neither can ssh into each other. In other words, ssh in SL 6 does not work, at least in my case.

The 'rc-update add sshd default' is common to all. I have mucked around with the /etc/ssh/sshd_config files on the SL 6 boxes for the past several days with no success. The SL 4x box has its sshd_config file unmodified since the day it was installed a over a year ago. For the test PC with its multi-boot, its SL 5.5 sshd_config file is also unmodified.

Hopefully someone does have success with ssh in SL 6 and instruct me on how to get this to work.
Last edited by nomad on Mon Jul 18, 2011 20:31, edited 1 time in total.
nomad
Simple Hen

Re: SL 6 SSH

Postby Thev00d00 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:43

Hello, Sabayon 6 includes a the UFW firewall which is turned on by default.

You simply need to go into the control panel in gnome/kde and enable SSH connections inbound.

Or you can run
Code: Select all
ufw allow ssh
as root.

Then run
Code: Select all
ufw status
to check it is all okay.
Please report Bugs on the Bugzilla, not forum
Please Adopt an Unanswered thread
Website / Blog : v00d00.net
twitter: Follow Me
G+: Circle Me
Thev00d00
Generally Awesome (tm)

Re: SL 6 SSH

Postby nomad » Wed Jul 06, 2011 21:33

Thnx. That worked. Good to have a test box where I can verify things.
nomad
Simple Hen

Return to Software in General