Chromium Suggestion

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Chromium Suggestion

Postby chasha420 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 20:40

Hi guys, this isn't really a problem but I'm looking for suggestions. I'm a firefox user, used it for quite a long time and after the latest update (Sabayon 6) I decided to try Chromium. What I saw was unbelievable...browsing speed was so much faster and it looked awesome as well not to mention Chromium is way more lighter and the speed is quite noticable.

So anyway, I wanted to know are there any such extensions for chromium like Lastpass, NoScript, XMarks, Ghostery, Adblock, etc. so that I wouldn't have to worry about security, privacy and convenience?

I know the extensions I mentioned are solely for firefox but these are pretty essential...something like NoScript just can not be given up because we live in an age where we have everything from Javascript keyloggers, cookie stealers to Java driveby.

Anyway if there's an alternative for such extensions please let me know...I'm really interested in making the switch.

Thanks.
chasha420
Technological Hen

Re: Chromium Suggestion

Postby sabayonino » Sun Jun 26, 2011 21:14

sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Postby chasha420 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:54

Thanks I didn't realise they all those extensions were available, in the past I had looked at chrome webstore but at that time for some reason I couldn't find those. Now I'm looking forward to switching over to Chrome! :mrgreen:
chasha420
Technological Hen

Postby tekwyzrd » Tue Jul 05, 2011 21:36

After reading about the quick release schedule for firefox 4-6 I'm dreading the extension problems I'll encounter after the upgrade to v5 and to v6 in august and started looking at other browsers. I don't like some of what I've read about v5 and even worse some of the new "features" of v6 so I decided to look at chromium. Unfortunately it falls short. With the lack of options and the minimalist appearance for me using chromium is like trying to eat a bowl of cream of tomato soup with a fork.
Former Sabayon user (2005 - 2013) and current Arch user.
I liked Sabayon until it switched to Rigo and becoming the gentoo equivalent of Ubuntu. Extreme browsing? Extreme gaming? Extreme work? Extreme development? Like, totally gnarly, dude!
tekwyzrd
Technological Hen

Postby pepe999 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:58

I agree, the browser is really fast but not as stable as Firefox. When I'm logging in to my router, I must click it at least 5x until I can log on. Copy and paste text into the google bar doesn't work or at least on my fresh install system. I have found more not working features against Firefox but generally it's not so bad..
Dell L502X - Core i7-2840QM/8GB DDR3/GF 540M 2GB/Corsair GT 240GB/Full HD
Debian 7
Win 7 still installed
Linux user no. 491024
pepe999
Advanced Hen

Return to Software in General