Starting Frostwire [Solved]

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Starting Frostwire [Solved]

Postby losingle » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:29

I have searched the forum for frostwire problems, and found this problem several times unsolved. First, I'm new (today to sabayon) but used various linux OS for years. My problems is I have installed frostwire numerous times using sulfur but have not been able to start it via cli or menu. While it is listed in the menu it is missing an icon. Portage is unable to compile it. I have searched the forum and internet and have many sabayon users complaining and have tried all the suggestions but to no avail, has anyone been able to install and run frostwire lately? Help appreciated in advance.
Last edited by losingle on Tue Feb 08, 2011 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
losingle
Baby Hen

Re: Starting Frostwire

Postby throdon » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:02

have you heard that the closed source application 'limewire' has been shut down. perhaps this is part of the problem. I haven't used any Gnutella clients in like 5 years but I also was wondering if 'frostwire' works even if 'limewire' was shutdown. please keep us posted. I only use torrent clients now. Go Go utorrent for linux, godspeed to ya.
Troll hunter with an overzealous nature
throdon
Advanced Hen

Postby batvink » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:17

allthough limewire is shutdown,the Gnutella network still works.
on Windows for example, i run limewire turbo, and i still can download stuff, but the connection isn't at his full speed anymore like it used to.
Limewire, or any other P2P-program that uses the Gnutella network are not working anymore the way it should be.

the best way to download movies, games, mp3 etc. is still Usenet and bittorrent.
batvink
Old Dear Hen

Postby losingle » Mon Dec 27, 2010 17:54

Thanks guess I'll do the torrent bit.
losingle
Baby Hen

Postby Storm Rider » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:58

When you run from cli, did you notice the package that was missing and causing the error? Install "ant-junit" and all the dependencies. Seems to solve the problem. 8)
Storm Rider
Simple Hen

Postby albfneto » Sun Feb 06, 2011 18:21

you may follow the last suggestion, since in my system, frostwire works ina good manner. I have no problems with frostwire in sabyon, mandriva, openSUSE, gentoo and i use frostwire, instead of limeware also in windows seven. all workin without problems.
ALBERTO FEDERMAN NETO
albfneto
[email protected]
Favorite Distros: Sabayon, Gentoo, Mageia and OpenSUSE
albfneto
Sagely Hen

Postby losingle » Tue Feb 08, 2011 19:46

Worked like a charm! Thank a bunch.
losingle
Baby Hen

Return to Software in General