Can not get mail with Evolution [Solved]

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Can not get mail with Evolution [Solved]

Postby NicelyMKVI » Sun May 10, 2009 4:34

I recently switched to Sabayon 4.1 and have not been able to receive mail ever since. I used Ubuntu for a month or so and had no problems. I keep getting 2 different errors. 1 is :

Error while Fetching Mail.

table Inbox has 28 columns but 26 values were supplied

The 2nd was a bogfilter problem which I now can not recreate to get the error.
I can send mail no problem. I have searched the forum and googled it. I found one fix that said to mark an email as junk and then unmark it as junk, but I cant receive any emails to do that with.

Thank you,
Jason Nicely
Acer Aspire 8920G
T9300(2.50Ghz)
Geforce 9500m GS
4GB DDR2 667Mhz
320GB HDD
Blu-ray/Super multi DVD
Sabayon 4.2 Gnome 64 Bit
NicelyMKVI
Simple Hen

Solved: Can not get mail with Evolution

Postby NicelyMKVI » Mon May 11, 2009 3:48

Thank you Fitzcarraldo!! You solved my problem. I went in evolution/mail/local and deleted the folders.db file. Everything works great now. Again, I appreciate your help.

Jason Nicely
Acer Aspire 8920G
T9300(2.50Ghz)
Geforce 9500m GS
4GB DDR2 667Mhz
320GB HDD
Blu-ray/Super multi DVD
Sabayon 4.2 Gnome 64 Bit
NicelyMKVI
Simple Hen

Re: Can not get mail with Evolution

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Mon May 11, 2009 14:40

You're welcome. Glad you got it working. However, I have to preach a bit here I'm afraid:

I just Googled your error messages. I find that 99.9% of problems can be solved using either the SL Forums search facility, Google or the Gentoo* Forums search facility. (Another good tool is the search facility of the Gentoo Bugzilla.) Usually all I do is cut and paste an error message into the search box.

* Sabayon Linux is customised Gentoo Linux.

(By the way, the Gentoo Forums are not indexed currently by Google or the other search engines, as the Gentoo Forums Administration has disabled access by search engine bots. Therefore to search the Gentoo Forums you would need to use their search facility, which is similar to the SL Forums search facility.)
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: Can not get mail with Evolution [Solved]

Postby NicelyMKVI » Mon May 11, 2009 20:50

I understand completely. The problem some of us newbies have sometimes is the instructions can assume quite a bit. I had found that earlier, but could not find the evolution folder to start with. I later realized, from something else I was working on, that there were hidden folders. I went back to that link, and after making hidden folders visible, I was able to follow through with the instruction.

Thanks again for your help and sorry about the misunderstanding that I was not trying on my own.

Jason Nicely
Acer Aspire 8920G
T9300(2.50Ghz)
Geforce 9500m GS
4GB DDR2 667Mhz
320GB HDD
Blu-ray/Super multi DVD
Sabayon 4.2 Gnome 64 Bit
NicelyMKVI
Simple Hen

Re: Can not get mail with Evolution [Solved]

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Mon May 11, 2009 22:10

Now I feel like a heel ;-). Hang in there: what feels like 3-dimensional integral calculus now will be second nature soon. It's like riding a bike: easy when you know how. Well, Linux is full of mysteries so perhaps I should say "easier" rather than "easy" :).
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to Software in General