Firewall-autorun

Discussions Regarding Software

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Firewall-autorun

Postby gledof » Mon Feb 16, 2009 15:10

Ok, like Sambayoni the comand line:
#rc-update firewall.sh default
rc-update: service `firewall.sh' does not exist
Don't worked, I do not what it is "guardog", it's some kind a GUI for Iptables?
I very new Sabayon user, for the moment I gonna run the firewall script manually.
gledof
Young Hen

Postby zambayoni » Tue Feb 17, 2009 0:34

gledof wrote:Ok, like Sambayoni the comand line:
#rc-update firewall.sh default
rc-update: service `firewall.sh' does not exist
Don't worked, I do not what it is "guardog", it's some kind a GUI for Iptables?
I very new Sabayon user, for the moment I gonna run the firewall script manually.

Not work because the script firewall.sh is wrong. See http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/h ... t=2&chap=4 for how create init scripts in gentoo (valid for sabayon of course).

Guarddog is a simple GUI for build Iptables rules, that generate a script file with this iptables rules, this file is named rc.firewall in /etc directory. For load this script when Sabayon boot, must be create a other script in this file /etc/init.d/firewall (you named firewall.sh). This script is created so do the service. See for more details http://wiki.sabayonlinux.org/index.php?title=En:HOWTO:_Setting_Guarddog_Firewall_init_script. I believe that is better for a new user.
zambayoni
Young Hen

Postby gledof » Wed Feb 18, 2009 14:28

OK Zambayoni I'll watching the links later, I had bad results with "Firestarter" a GUI for Ubuntu iptables.
gledof
Young Hen

Postby zambayoni » Wed Feb 18, 2009 23:23

gledof wrote:OK Zambayoni I'll watching the links later, I had bad results with "Firestarter" a GUI for Ubuntu iptables.

Yes, i'd the same problems with firestarter with Debian. Firestarter is a very bad, was removed in gentoo portage for this cause.

Guarddog not have problems, i used before, in other distributions, and always work good for me. Have a controls like intutives, and if you have problems with some port, you can configure it.

If you have a some problem talk to me, :mrgreen:
zambayoni
Young Hen

Previous

Return to Software in General