Windows 10 in Vbox

Discussion for all VM - Installing, Software, Problems

Moderator: Moderators

Windows 10 in Vbox

Postby Lazydog » Wed Dec 16, 2015 20:41

Hello,

I have installed windows 10 on Virtualbox. The problem I am having is I am unable to get windows 10 to fill the whole screen when I use the R-CTL+F keys. While I get the full screen windows is only a small part of it. What do I need to do to allow windows 10 to go full screen?
--
Regards
Robert
Lazydog
Simple Hen

Re: Windows 10 in Vbox

Postby Lazydog » Thu Dec 24, 2015 21:35

OK was on Vbox forum and they state they cannot help as this is a fork of the original. So the question now is who can help?

The following is what I posted over there:

Hello,

I have installed Windows 10 as a guest on a Sabayon Host. I would like to use my guest in full screen view but every time I press CTRL+F I get a full screnn but widows still keeps its original size. I have read on-line that I need to install Guest Additions to the guest in order to get this working.

No problem, I create a clone for testing before updating the original. I mount the iso as a virtual disk and start the clone and check devices to ensure that the iso is mounted and then navigate to the iso. Once there I click on VboxWindowsAdditions-amd64 to install the additions. After about a minute and ~ 12% install the screen goes black and never comes back ( I've let the VM run for 2 hours). so it looks like this didn't work so I stop the VM and totally remove it.

Next I create a new clone as above and mount the iso once again. This time I look in the folder labeled 64Bit. There is only a text file that give the command to extract the drivers. This goes well but now I'm at the point where I don't know what to do next. And and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I thank you for your time.
--
Regards
Robert
Lazydog
Simple Hen

Return to Virtual Managers