3.4 loop 2 VMWare Windows Autorun

Discussion for all VM - Installing, Software, Problems

Moderator: Moderators

ahuy2703
Baby Hen

3.4 loop 2 VMWare Windows Autorun

Post by ahuy2703 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:39

I've been trying to use the live DVD's vmware on XP boot option, but I can't get it to work. I think I'm doing it correctly, but there isn't a whole lot of info on the process.

I have a working live DVD of 3.4 loop 2 (I used it to install Sabayon on my hard drive). In XP I insert the disc and the boot menu appears. I downloaded and installed vmware server as it instructs. Once vmware was installed, I selected the boot Sabayon option. VMWare begins to run, XP asks if I want to open or save SB.svm. I've tried both, and when I open the file, VMWare looks as if it's going to boot Sabayon just fine, then after about 20 secs. a little white box appears in the bottom right corner of the VMWare screen saying no boot disc found. It asks for a cd to be inserted, which already is.

I've tried the shutdown and restart option and I've F2'd and tried re-ordering the boot order of the drives to no avail. I don't actually need to get this working since I use my installed version 99.9% of the time, but I thought someone else might like to know how to get it working as well. The vmware site / forums have next to nothing on Sabayon or the feature, and this seems like an excellent non-threatening way to get others familiar with how great Sabayon is. (Threatening as in, "I'm going to re-partion you're hard drive.") I know they could just use the live DVD and reboot, but this would be good too.

joost
Sagely Hen

Re: 3.4 loop 2 VMWare Windows Autorun

Post by joost » Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:45

Did it take 10 years to process this post?
My blog | Twitter | Please support Sabayon: Image

sabayonino
Sagely Hen

Re: 3.4 loop 2 VMWare Windows Autorun

Post by sabayonino » Thu Sep 27, 2018 19:20

@Joost
The user is a bot :

same discussion : viewtopic.php?f=58&t=7780&p=45051&hilit ... run#p45051

I'm gonna to ban him
[Che Cos'è Il Calcolo Distribuito (BOINC)

BOINC ready ! Sabayon+BOINC = BILD ,my Sabayon spin :cyclops: - Ready to crunch for the Science everywhere :)