WOW! Sabayon 3.4

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Thrice
Growing Hen

Post by Thrice » Mon Jul 30, 2007 21:07

So it's faster? Hmm I was going to skip this update, but I'm having second thoughts. Does it boot any faster?

Etelari
Baby Hen

Post by Etelari » Mon Jul 30, 2007 21:29

I Overall.. from 3.3 to 3.4... to me it feels alot smoother. I can't tell if it boots any faster.... its definetely not slower... from my experience.

digger57
Baby Hen

Post by digger57 » Sat Aug 04, 2007 16:20

Congratulations to the Sabayon developers! I'll be installing 3.4 for x86 to my laptop later today, as it works fine as live DVD. Drop-dead gorgeous without 3d & other glitzy effects. Normally, I'm a Debian user, but Sabayon is fascinating, and the most compelling alternative to Debian I've ever tried.

Looking forward to more of Sabayon in the future.

digger57
Baby Hen

Post by digger57 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 0:08

Well, back after install on laptop, from which I'm posting. Very smooth. I was very impressed with the fact that I could add my FreeBSD partition to the boot menu before installation. I did not expect it to work, as I've always had to edit menu.lst. Not this time--and it worked.

After that did emerge --sync and emerged three packages, all of which worked fine.

If anyone happens to read this, after the sync, it suggested I emerge portage again, which seemed to be dubious on a new installation, so I didn't. Should I have? I can always nuke this installation & re-do it, as I've not even restored backup files yet.

BlueJayofEvil
Growing Hen

Post by BlueJayofEvil » Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:21

digger57 wrote:If anyone happens to read this, after the sync, it suggested I emerge portage again, which seemed to be dubious on a new installation, so I didn't. Should I have?
Like all distros, what's new at the the time of release will soon be outdated. I updated portage and I haven't seen any problems with the new version.

digger57
Baby Hen

Post by digger57 » Sun Aug 05, 2007 3:54

BlueJayofEvil wrote:
digger57 wrote:If anyone happens to read this, after the sync, it suggested I emerge portage again, which seemed to be dubious on a new installation, so I didn't. Should I have?
Like all distros, what's new at the the time of release will soon be outdated. I updated portage and I haven't seen any problems with the new version.
Thanks, I guess I'll go ahead.