No grafical network tools

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

westcat
Baby Hen

No grafical network tools

Post by westcat » Sun Apr 08, 2007 18:31

Hello, I have to set my static values for Wlan0 , and I find no way to do that. Why isnt there a single graphical tool to configure the net? This is the only distro of the many ive tried that doesnt. Not user friendly at all.
If anybody could help me, Id be very grateful. Otherwise, id have to remove this distro.

Thanks

davemc
Sharecropper

Post by davemc » Sun Apr 08, 2007 18:54

Well I agree there. Networking is a real monster for me too and still does not work right. SL definitely does need a Networking wizard.

forest
Young Hen

Post by forest » Sun Apr 08, 2007 22:46

Everything is though for KNetworkManager. As far as I know, if you set static IPs to interfaces you will break the network manager so you won´t be able to connect to encrypted wifi and so on (unless you do it manually with cmmands).

Appleman1234
Old Dear Hen

Post by Appleman1234 » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:13

We are still waiting for the static IP patch to be accepted into NetworkManager.

GUI Sabayon Control Centre is next on development list after entrophy as far as I can remember..
and that should having a networking GUI, however at present it is still in planning and design stages