xorg - crashes

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

theAlucard
Simple Hen

xorg - crashes

Post by theAlucard » Thu Apr 27, 2006 21:46

after i did a emerge -u postgresql, i could never fire up xorg again. with the update the gcc was updatet to.
i did try to set the opengl enviroment no probs with that. but xorg crashes, i did the xorgconfig (fuck xgl if i get at least amiwm or windowmaker on) but it crasht.

did anyone got some idears?
one happy gentoo user!!! you should go for gentoo, gambatte kudasai !!

theAlucard
Simple Hen

i need the system dayly

Post by theAlucard » Thu Apr 27, 2006 22:58

so i tryed to use the installer for quick reinstall, but it failed with the commend it cand find some file in the tmp folder. now i have to go throug another stage one install.
damn

the installer need still some improofement

cvill64
Sagely Hen

Post by cvill64 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:03

some good overhauls are coming to the installer :) so maybe you might want to want til after this weekend to try again?

theAlucard
Simple Hen

installer

Post by theAlucard » Fri Apr 28, 2006 22:20

well many thanx, but i am tecnical manager in a project, there is no time to wait. i did a stage 1 install the classical way yesterday. but since i'am always willing to learn, i will check the new features of the installer with a test machine.

thx

Aluc

theAlucard
Simple Hen

install gentoo

Post by theAlucard » Fri Apr 28, 2006 23:13

hey it is less a hassle to install gentoo stage 1 than getting this god damn vmware running, this is such an inkonsistent tool, some times it works today i had it installed and running, but forgot to start /etc/init.d vmware start and sure enough i forgot to put it into rc update as an default. #: /etc/init.d/vmware start, it starts goot, but than please run blah-config.pl
i just did the standart config, what i did before 1000 times, öhhhm ja you got a slightly wrong kernel, ok make prepare, run fuck-pl again ! ok this is endless, from next week one the company got to get rid of their windooooozzze im not gonna play with this bad code anymore.

as you now may see, the gento installer is not the worst, and at least it is for free!

greeting to all gentoo user/developer

aluc