how about a release during a stable period

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

how about a release during a stable period

Postby quanghai » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:40

i believe i read somewhere here recently that there were no plans to have an official release until something or another. . . :mrgreen:

i have not been involved with this project as long as many others, but it seems most official releases are directly around a major change. understandable, but im wondering why not have a release during a reasonably stable and quiet period ? it would leave a much better impression on first time users because we wouldnt be dealing with all the bugs associated with some of the major changes. also the initial update process wont be so shockingly huge. right now seems pretty stable and quiet. . .
quanghai
Baby Hen

Re: how about a release during a stable period

Postby Stupot » Thu Feb 01, 2018 18:17

quanghai wrote:right now seems pretty stable and quiet. . .

Ha. You must not have looked at the other threads. We're currently in the middle of a major gcc upgrade, and the latest systemd update has caused some OS installs to be unbootable. Major changes like those are less sexy to advertise and more likely to cause issues.

Not that I disagree with your point at large, but not having a major DE update doesn't mean major changes aren't happening.
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion