Collaboration Time - boot

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

wolfden
Sharecropper
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 0:55
Location: Midwest USA
Contact:

Collaboration Time - boot

Post by wolfden » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:20

Sorry if this post gets kinda long, but after sitting down with my system and going through the logs to see what or if my boot up time was taking too long. I discovered a few things and now I am wondering if everyone out there has same thing going on with theirs.

I started with a 16.03 or 16.02 KDE I believe and have been rolling it along on limbo repo without issues. I notice that it seemed a bit slow to get to the login screen. The pretty animation thing would come up and when that finished my screen would turn black and sit there for a bit more time and than finally the login box. I know the liveusb boots up faster so I took a look into the logs and was discovered several things failing to load.

If you are unfamiliar with how to see your boot log you use journalctl as root user and issue the command

Code: Select all

journalctl -b
If you want a text file to look at of the output simple do

Code: Select all

journalctl -b > boot.txt
Systemd was complaining about systemd-modules-load.service failed loading modules that revolved around Xen and ZFS. In my researching I found the same issues and bugs reported among several distros
A quick look into

Code: Select all

ls -la /usr/lib64/modules-load.d/
which contained zfs.conf and xen.conf

I know I am not using zfs or xen so I am just gonna move the config files

Code: Select all

mv /usr/lib64/modules-load.d/zfs.conf zfs.conf

Code: Select all

mv /usr/lib64/modules-load.d/xen.conf xen.conf
and than restarted, those error messages with systemd-modules-load.service were no more.

redoing

Code: Select all

journalctl -b
I see more systemd issues of things failing to start

Code: Select all

installer-gui.service
installer-text.service
sabayonlive.service
sabayon-mce.service
steambox.service
Again, things I don't use and are probably left over from the liveusb installation, so I remove em

Code: Select all

systemctl disable installer-gui.service
systemctl disable installer-text.service
systemctl disable sabayonlive.service
systemctl disable sabayon-mce.service
systemctl disable steambox.service
reboot

redoing

Code: Select all

journalctl -b
I now only have 1 red line left stating bluez failed

Code: Select all

[pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed.......
I know this issue has been around for a while, it fails because when the desktop loads it starts bluez, but we also have in the autostart folder another bluez, so it's like trying to start it twice and the system is saying, no way dude, we already started that.

So taking a look we see pulseaudio.desktop is definitely there

Code: Select all

ls -la /etc/xdg/autostart/
Lets move it out of there

Code: Select all

mv /etc/xdg/autostart/pulseaudio.desktop pulseaudio.desktop
reboot

The error is now gone, but I now have a different error message with bluez and I don't know if it's my system or what, but bluez seems really unstable on my laptop. The new error is

Code: Select all

[pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.TimedOut: Activation of org.bluez timed out
The solution should be to create the symlinks

Code: Select all

systemctl enable bluetooth.service

Code: Select all

systemctl start bluetooth

Code: Select all

systemctl status bluetooth
woop! stats shows it's working, but upon reboot, I can't get the bluez to start, tsk.....

Using journalctl I can examine the process

Code: Select all

journalctl -u bluetooth.service
-- Logs begin at Tue 2016-02-23 03:56:58 CST, end at Tue 2016-04-12 19:46:33 CDT. --
Apr 12 16:59:07 bikinibottom systemd[1]: Starting Bluetooth service...
Apr 12 16:59:07 bikinibottom bluetoothd[3306]: Bluetooth daemon 5.38
Apr 12 16:59:07 bikinibottom systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.
Apr 12 16:59:07 bikinibottom bluetoothd[3306]: Starting SDP server
Apr 12 16:59:07 bikinibottom bluetoothd[3306]: Bluetooth management interface 1.11 initialized
Apr 12 17:00:03 bikinibottom bluetoothd[3306]: Terminating
Apr 12 17:00:03 bikinibottom systemd[1]: Stopping Bluetooth service...
Apr 12 17:00:03 bikinibottom systemd[1]: Stopped Bluetooth service.
Well that doesn't tell me much and that is all the further I got with it, ran out of time to mess with it.

So my boot log looks much better and my laptop boots to the login screen faster after doing the above stuff.

Some other notes, it didn't matter which kernel I used 4.4 or 4.5, the errors were the same. I also discovered that ACPI issues can cause KDE not to shutdown properly, I know some have reported that on the forum. It's an issue all distros face. Most of the above issues are reported among all distros and several bug reports. The issues are harmless and everything here can be ignored, but it did improve my boot speed by cleaning up the boot process.

So now I wonder, am I unique to all this or is everyone plagued with this. If you could, could you please upload/pastebin your boot log for me so I can take a look at it. It doesn't have to be just the KDE installations, which ever iso you installed is fine. I would much appreciate it and maybe we can clean some of this stuff up to make installations even better for people. So get your friends and family to post their boot log.

I will worry about my bluetooth issues later, I don't use it, so I could simple disable it, but not a real solution. If you have bluetooth issues, feel free to mention so, might be an epidemic.

oh, one last thing, FEEDBACK, your ideas and thoughts on your boot experiences.

Stupot
Sagely Hen
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:44
Location: St. Louis, MO, USA

Re: Collaboration Time - boot

Post by Stupot » Wed Apr 13, 2016 17:13

Thanks for the write up. I've seen that message about systemd-modules-load.service failed loading modules for a long time on my install. My machine has been running KDE Sabayon since... well, I dunno, super long time. I haven't reinstalled for at least 5 years now. I didn't see any of these services running on mine, but like I said, it installed it prior to the systemd switch over so that might explain it:

Code: Select all

installer-gui.service
installer-text.service
sabayonlive.service
sabayon-mce.service
steambox.service
Here's some other failures that I do see though:

Code: Select all

stupot-Desktop modules-load.d # less boot.txt | grep fail
Apr 08 16:56:06 sabayon kernel: scsi: <fdomain> Detection failed (no card)
Apr 08 16:56:06 sabayon systemd[1]: cpufrequtils.service: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit cpufrequtils.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 08 16:56:06 sabayon systemd[1]: systemd-modules-load.service: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 08 16:56:15 sabayon systemd-udevd[1798]: Process 'net.sh eth0 start' failed with exit code 1.
Apr 08 16:56:36 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 08 16:56:37 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 08 19:43:34 stupot-Desktop kdeinit5[2550]: powerdevil: org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.brightnessmax failed
Apr 08 19:43:42 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.bluez.service': Unit dbus-org.bluez.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 08 19:43:43 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.Avahi.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.Avahi.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 08 19:43:43 stupot-Desktop pulseaudio[2671]: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.systemd1.LoadFailed: Unit dbus-org.bluez.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 08 19:44:06 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 08 19:44:06 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
                                                "Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service failed to load: No such file or directory."
Apr 09 03:55:24 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 09 05:30:12 stupot-Desktop kernel: [drm:si_dpm_set_power_state [radeon]] *ERROR* si_restrict_performance_levels_before_switch failed
Apr 09 12:48:23 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 09 12:49:33 stupot-Desktop su[7202]: pam_unix(su:auth): authentication failure; logname=stupot uid=1000 euid=0 tty=/dev/pts/2 ruser=stupot rhost=  user=root
Apr 09 12:49:35 stupot-Desktop su[7202]: pam_authenticate: Authentication failure
Apr 09 19:22:26 stupot-Desktop kernel: [drm:si_dpm_set_power_state [radeon]] *ERROR* si_restrict_performance_levels_before_switch failed
Apr 09 22:36:06 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 09 23:41:02 stupot-Desktop su[9620]: pam_unix(su:auth): authentication failure; logname=stupot uid=1000 euid=0 tty=/dev/pts/1 ruser=stupot rhost=  user=root
Apr 09 23:41:04 stupot-Desktop su[9620]: pam_authenticate: Authentication failure
Apr 10 00:05:20 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.bluez.service': Unit dbus-org.bluez.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 10 00:05:25 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.bluez.service': Unit dbus-org.bluez.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 10 08:24:58 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 10 18:21:30 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 11 04:30:18 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 11 13:42:24 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 11 14:22:14 stupot-Desktop plasmashell[2646]:  New Notification:  "Tests Failed" "0 passed, 1 failed" -1 & Part of: 0
Apr 11 14:45:58 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.bluez.service': Unit dbus-org.bluez.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 11 14:46:01 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.bluez.service': Unit dbus-org.bluez.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 11 16:50:11 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.bluez.service': Unit dbus-org.bluez.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 11 16:50:18 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.bluez.service': Unit dbus-org.bluez.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 12 00:31:02 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 12 10:54:31 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 12 19:19:09 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
Apr 13 05:43:02 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

I also don't use bluetooth on my desktop.

On my laptop I run Arch and I do use the bluetooth there. About 3 months ago I had an issue where the bluetooth caused the KDE desktop to crash on the first two tries and succeed from then on. That was a weird one, but it got fixed.

wolfden
Sharecropper
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 0:55
Location: Midwest USA
Contact:

Re: Collaboration Time - boot

Post by wolfden » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:01

Thanks for posting. It would seem a lot of the issues are symlinks that are broke or never created. With your error messages I would do the following: (You know your system best on what or what not to do)
Apr 08 16:56:06 sabayon systemd[1]: cpufrequtils.service: Cannot add dependency job, ignoring: Unit cpufrequtils.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
cpufrequtils afaik has been depreciated and no long available, so if you still have that installed, I guess would uninstall it and use cpupower to set your governor. That would fix the error message above from happening.

I was gonna bring up governor and I totally forgot as I noticed on my system that it is auto set to performance. I installed cpupower and set it to powersave.
Apr 08 16:56:37 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.nm-dispatcher.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
I would try:

Code: Select all

systemctl enable NetworkManager-dispatcher.service

Code: Select all

systemctl start NetworkManager-dispatcher.service
check it:

Code: Select all

systemctl status NetworkManager-dispatcher.service
Apr 08 19:43:43 stupot-Desktop pulseaudio[2671]: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.systemd1.LoadFailed: Unit dbus-org.bluez.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

Code: Select all

mv /etc/xdg/autostart/pulseaudio.desktop pulseaudio.desktop
Since you don't use bluetooth, simple:

Code: Select all

systemctl disable bluetooth.service
Apr 08 19:43:34 stupot-Desktop kdeinit5[2550]: powerdevil: org.kde.powerdevil.backlighthelper.brightnessmax failed
afaik powerdevil is a KDE4 thing, more info - https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/KDE/Plasma ... p_.40world
So I would just uninstall it
Apr 08 19:44:06 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.ModemManager1.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

Code: Select all

systemctl enable ModemManager.service
or if don't need

Code: Select all

systemctl disable ModemManager.service
Apr 08 19:43:43 stupot-Desktop dbus[1983]: [system] Activation via systemd failed for unit 'dbus-org.freedesktop.Avahi.service': Unit dbus-org.freedesktop.Avahi.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

Code: Select all

systemctl enable avahi-daemon.service
or if don't need

Code: Select all

systemctl disable avahi-daemon.service
Reboot and you should have few errors or new errors :) Not sure if you would see a bit faster boot time, but that really isn't my goal, it's just to clean it up. It looks like to me those that have been rolling for a while are gonna have different issues than a fresh install today or mine are unique.

Stupot
Sagely Hen
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:44
Location: St. Louis, MO, USA

Re: Collaboration Time - boot

Post by Stupot » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:14

Yes, absolutely. That was the main reason I posted mine, just to show the difference.

My puter isn't exactly a speedy one atm (don't even have an SSD). I'm planning on a new build when the AMD Zen CPUs come out.

I actually don't have cpufrequtils installed, but the service file never quite went away.

I know that Sabayon adopted systemd as the default while gentoo support was still in it's infancy, so I'm not surprised we've run into some issues here and there, but overall it seems to chug happily along despite the issues for the most part.

sihox
Young Hen
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2009 23:22
Location: Poland

Re: Collaboration Time - boot

Post by sihox » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:03

Hi there!

Really great post, and just in time, as I was crawliwg through boot logs on my new machine with freshly installed sabayon (XFCE) :)
In my case there were 3 errors.

First one - cpupower which couldn't set preferred governor ('ondemand', I think, and pstate driver doesn't support this one)

Code: Select all

cpupower[1938]: Error setting new values. Common errors:
So I just set 'powersave' as a default one:

Code: Select all

cpupower frequency-set -g powersave
Next one was kernel module for zfs. I just done what you suggested (move out zfs.conf from modules-load.d).

The last thing was bluez loading by pulseaudio:

Code: Select all

pulseaudio[2321]: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.systemd1.LoadFailed: Unit dbus-org.bluez.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
I have no bluez service and I'm not using any bluetooth device so I just commented out lines loading bluetooth modules in /etc/pulse/default.pa:

Code: Select all

### Automatically load driver modules for Bluetooth hardware
#.ifexists module-bluetooth-policy.so
#load-module module-bluetooth-policy
#.endif

#.ifexists module-bluetooth-discover.so
#load-module module-bluetooth-discover
#.endif
I don't know is this a good idea, but I have no systemd service (or maybe I have? how to check it?) for loading pulseaudio and just using /etc/xdg/autostart/pulseaudio.desktop (which gets config from default.pa).

That was my case. For now all these errors are gone and I really thank you for writing up about this. It's really pleasure to watch a smooth boot :)

svantoviit
Old Dear Hen
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 17:55
Contact:

Re: Collaboration Time - boot

Post by svantoviit » Sun Apr 17, 2016 14:56

I'd like to contribute with some more issues:

ehci_hcd

Code: Select all

Apr 17 13:58:05 computer kernel: Warning! ehci_hcd should always be loaded before uhci_hcd and ohci_hcd, not after
Seems to be some kernel modules misconfiguration.

cryptsetup

Code: Select all

Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd-cryptsetup[1836]: Failed to activate: Device or resource busy
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: Failed to start Cryptography Setup for luks-57603d55-d916-4743-b0a8-e4971aee4fe5.
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: Dependency failed for dev-mapper-luks\xXXX.device.
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: dev-mapper-luks\xXXX.device: Job dev-mapper-luks\xXXX
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Encrypted Volumes.
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: cryptsetup.target: Job cryptsetup.target/start failed with result 'dependency'.
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: [email protected]\xXXX.service: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: [email protected]\xXXX.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
maldet

Code: Select all

Apr 17 13:58:54 computer maldet[2377]: maldet(2377): {mon} no paths specified in /usr/local/maldetect/monitor_paths, aborting.
Apr 17 13:58:54 computer systemd[1]: maldet.service: PID file /usr/local/maldetect/tmp/inotifywait.pid not readable (yet?) after start: No such file or directory
Apr 17 13:58:54 computer systemd[1]: Failed to start Linux Malware Detect monitoring - maldet.
Apr 17 13:58:54 computer systemd[1]: maldet.service: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 17 13:58:54 computer systemd[1]: maldet.service: Failed with result 'resources'.
pulseaudio

Code: Select all

Apr 17 13:58:56 computer pulseaudio[2515]: [pulseaudio] module-jackdbus-detect.c: Unable to contact D-Bus session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Unable to autolaun
Apr 17 13:58:56 computer pulseaudio[2515]: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-jackdbus-detect" (argument: "channels=2"): initialization failed.
Apr 17 13:58:57 computer pulseaudio[2515]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
Apr 17 13:58:57 computer pulseaudio[2515]: [pulseaudio] server-lookup.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon with
Apr 17 13:58:57 computer pulseaudio[2515]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DI
lxdm

Code: Select all

Apr 17 13:56:31 computer lxdm-binary[2386]: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_selinux.so): /lib64/security/pam_selinux.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or 
Apr 17 13:56:31 computer lxdm-binary[2386]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib64/security/pam_selinux.so
hp-systray

Code: Select all

Apr 17 13:56:46 computer hp-systray[2672]: hp-systray[2672]: error: option -s not recognized
The system boots so I haven't paid much attention to them.

wolfden
Sharecropper
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 0:55
Location: Midwest USA
Contact:

Re: Collaboration Time - boot

Post by wolfden » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:09

sihox wrote:Hi there!

Really great post, and just in time, as I was crawliwg through boot logs on my new machine with freshly installed sabayon (XFCE) :)
In my case there were 3 errors.

First one - cpupower which couldn't set preferred governor ('ondemand', I think, and pstate driver doesn't support this one)

Code: Select all

cpupower[1938]: Error setting new values. Common errors:
So I just set 'powersave' as a default one:

Code: Select all

cpupower frequency-set -g powersave
Next one was kernel module for zfs. I just done what you suggested (move out zfs.conf from modules-load.d).

The last thing was bluez loading by pulseaudio:

Code: Select all

pulseaudio[2321]: [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.systemd1.LoadFailed: Unit dbus-org.bluez.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
I have no bluez service and I'm not using any bluetooth device so I just commented out lines loading bluetooth modules in /etc/pulse/default.pa:

Code: Select all

### Automatically load driver modules for Bluetooth hardware
#.ifexists module-bluetooth-policy.so
#load-module module-bluetooth-policy
#.endif

#.ifexists module-bluetooth-discover.so
#load-module module-bluetooth-discover
#.endif
I don't know is this a good idea, but I have no systemd service (or maybe I have? how to check it?) for loading pulseaudio and just using /etc/xdg/autostart/pulseaudio.desktop (which gets config from default.pa).

That was my case. For now all these errors are gone and I really thank you for writing up about this. It's really pleasure to watch a smooth boot :)
To answer your question to check services, you can always use:

Code: Select all

systemctl status nameofapplication.service
From what I have read, pulseaudio starts with the desktop not systemd

wolfden
Sharecropper
Posts: 9051
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 0:55
Location: Midwest USA
Contact:

Re: Collaboration Time - boot

Post by wolfden » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:23

svantoviit wrote:I'd like to contribute with some more issues:

ehci_hcd

Code: Select all

Apr 17 13:58:05 computer kernel: Warning! ehci_hcd should always be loaded before uhci_hcd and ohci_hcd, not after
Seems to be some kernel modules misconfiguration.

cryptsetup

Code: Select all

Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd-cryptsetup[1836]: Failed to activate: Device or resource busy
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: Failed to start Cryptography Setup for luks-57603d55-d916-4743-b0a8-e4971aee4fe5.
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: Dependency failed for dev-mapper-luks\xXXX.device.
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: dev-mapper-luks\xXXX.device: Job dev-mapper-luks\xXXX
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: Dependency failed for Encrypted Volumes.
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: cryptsetup.target: Job cryptsetup.target/start failed with result 'dependency'.
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: [email protected]\xXXX.service: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 17 13:58:41 computer systemd[1]: [email protected]\xXXX.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.
maldet

Code: Select all

Apr 17 13:58:54 computer maldet[2377]: maldet(2377): {mon} no paths specified in /usr/local/maldetect/monitor_paths, aborting.
Apr 17 13:58:54 computer systemd[1]: maldet.service: PID file /usr/local/maldetect/tmp/inotifywait.pid not readable (yet?) after start: No such file or directory
Apr 17 13:58:54 computer systemd[1]: Failed to start Linux Malware Detect monitoring - maldet.
Apr 17 13:58:54 computer systemd[1]: maldet.service: Unit entered failed state.
Apr 17 13:58:54 computer systemd[1]: maldet.service: Failed with result 'resources'.
pulseaudio

Code: Select all

Apr 17 13:58:56 computer pulseaudio[2515]: [pulseaudio] module-jackdbus-detect.c: Unable to contact D-Bus session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Unable to autolaun
Apr 17 13:58:56 computer pulseaudio[2515]: [pulseaudio] module.c: Failed to load module "module-jackdbus-detect" (argument: "channels=2"): initialization failed.
Apr 17 13:58:57 computer pulseaudio[2515]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Module load failed.
Apr 17 13:58:57 computer pulseaudio[2515]: [pulseaudio] server-lookup.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon with
Apr 17 13:58:57 computer pulseaudio[2515]: [pulseaudio] main.c: Unable to contact D-Bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NotSupported: Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DI
lxdm

Code: Select all

Apr 17 13:56:31 computer lxdm-binary[2386]: PAM unable to dlopen(/lib64/security/pam_selinux.so): /lib64/security/pam_selinux.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or 
Apr 17 13:56:31 computer lxdm-binary[2386]: PAM adding faulty module: /lib64/security/pam_selinux.so
hp-systray

Code: Select all

Apr 17 13:56:46 computer hp-systray[2672]: hp-systray[2672]: error: option -s not recognized
The system boots so I haven't paid much attention to them.
ehci_hcd - What kernel are you running?

cryptsetup - I take it you have encrypted your system? I know nothing about encryption of computers. I don't believe Calamres supports it yet.

maldet - I know nothing about this software

I suspect you have an old installation and have been rolling for a while as I haven't seen some of these things in a while, but it may just also be because of the hardware I have changed out over time.

I also totally forgot about the change to systemd thanks to stupot above mentioning that. So those that have been rolling, probably experience different boot logs

Joost mentioned to me we are looking at dracut, which should clean up things better upon install, so we will have to see what happens there. Of course this will only apply to fresh installs once it is implemented.

svantoviit
Old Dear Hen
Posts: 728
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 17:55
Contact:

Re: Collaboration Time - boot

Post by svantoviit » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:27

wolfden wrote:ehci_hcd - What kernel are you running?

Code: Select all

$ uname -r
4.4.0-sabayon
wolfden wrote:cryptsetup - I take it you have encrypted your system? I know nothing about encryption of computers. I don't believe Calamres supports it yet.
Yes, I have an encrypted system. What is Clamares? :D
wolfden wrote:maldet - I know nothing about this software
OK, I admit, this something I installed locally outside the package manager: https://www.rfxn.com/projects/linux-malware-detect/
wolfden wrote:I suspect you have an old installation and have been rolling for a while...
Rolling since Aug 29 2011. According the anaconda log. Had to make a fresh install when my old HD died. Would be great if you (read the devs) would not forget that there are users like me.

Stupot
Sagely Hen
Posts: 1677
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:44
Location: St. Louis, MO, USA

Re: Collaboration Time - boot

Post by Stupot » Sun Apr 24, 2016 21:57

svantoviit wrote: Yes, I have an encrypted system. What is Clamares? :D

It's the installer that Sabayon uses.

Post Reply