Sabayon may be turn discontinued?

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

HawkEye4077
Young Hen

Re: Sabayon may be turn discontinued?

Post by HawkEye4077 » Sun Mar 08, 2015 13:57

I have been affected by these Nvidia driver issues recently but it is not enough of an issue to put me off SL. I have been using Linux in general for over 10 years and in that time tried multiple distros big and small and they all experience the occasional problem like this. So far I have yet to find a netter distro than SL for day to day use. Even my teenage daughter is using it now and likes it - that says something about the quality.

Please keep up the good work it is appreciated.
Regards
Neil

Linux Registered User 324599

gimz
Baby Hen

Post by gimz » Sun Mar 08, 2015 19:51

i love SABAYON linux, for me this is the best distro for newbie like me. It's very stable rolling distro.
Just read the forum and you will survive. Please keep SABAYON alive forever. Fabio and Team, thanks
for your time,efforts and hard works... It's amazingly great distro!
Sabayon 17.05 Mate Desktop PC, intel dual core cpu.
Gigabyte G-33 mobo 2gb DDR2 ram, nVidia 9600gt pci-express display card.
I LOVE SABAYON ROLLING DISTRO!!!

tatsuo
Young Hen

Post by tatsuo » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:57

I am trying to find out what this topic title is supposed to mean. I don't think anybody ever mentioned something about this distro being discontinued...?

I have to say tho, that the driver issue is an issue for me, I still have to dual boot into windows to play games I could actually play in linux as well, if the proprietary drivers were working..

mightywomble
Baby Hen

Post by mightywomble » Tue Mar 24, 2015 20:47

Having been a user for a long time This looks like the words of a frustrated admin, and quite rightly so, as a Sysadmin myself, its a thankless task, anything in IT, if it all works, its magic, if it fails, its finger pointing time. Sure haters are going to hate, that doesn't make the world any the less frustrating. Feel for the guy, really do, Big names like Ubuntu and Redhat will always get the press, they have backing, marketing, and $$$..

As someone said earlier on this thread, point people who cant use the distro to Ubuntu or Windows, a good distro like this is a privilege, not a right, elitist, maybe, realistically however for a handful of guys, to put this much effort into a top notch distro is in this day and age testament to them..

However, all that being said, why don't we all contribute? It doesn't always mean coding and bug reports, maybe a few of us could give this forum, and webpage a refresh, i'm no coder, i can help, format text, proof read, from the perspective of a new user the wiki page is a bit confusing, there are a fair few articles which could be archived maybe? and generally making things easier for a new user, in a better format?

if anyone reading this is an admin, I'd be happy to put in a couple of hours a week doing forum/wiki tidy ups, one thing Ubuntu does wonderfully is community, and yes, they do very well at supporting users.. that type of effort can go a long way, and as people get involved, might take a weight off the Admin teams shoulders..

As a Sony Vaio owner this is the ONLY linux distro i can get my Wifi working with.. and a touch screen, and Luks.. so I'm happy to help..

Stupot
Sagely Hen

Post by Stupot » Tue Mar 24, 2015 20:54

This is why I'm constantly on this forum, attempting to help answer questions whenever I feel I can. I'm by no means a Fitzcarraldo or a wolfden, but if I can help out some users troubleshoot some issues on here, I do.

msdobrescu
Old Dear Hen

Post by msdobrescu » Fri Mar 27, 2015 19:50

DON'T DO THIS!!! PLEASE!!! Is this why mirrors became so slow? There is no other linux for me!! Who upset you so hard, man? I LOVE Sabayon!!! I have used Ubuntu, Mandriva, Mageia, Gentoo, RedHAt and Debian. I wouldn't chose other than Sabayon. Life is so easy with Sabayon as I don't even need to post much on forums or the bugtracker. Except for thanks.

tollgate
Growing Hen

Post by tollgate » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:35

Stupot wrote:This is why I'm constantly on this forum, attempting to help answer questions whenever I feel I can. I'm by no means a Fitzcarraldo or a wolfden, but if I can help out some users troubleshoot some issues on here, I do.
And your help is greatly appreciated Stupot.