Thanks

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Thanks

Postby jmdennis » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:36

I just wanted to say thanks for Sabayon 14.01. In the past I had problems while doing updates I would break the system and just leave and move on. It was also slower years ago and just moved on to other distributions. I am glad I tried Sabayon again as no problems with doing updates. Also finding software is much easier now and I do not have to get the software from Gentoo and maybe break my system.

I am also impressed that Sabayon had the Citrix Receiver as I need this to connect to work from home. I was able to find it and install it. On other linux distributions I would have to download the software myself and then it would install it. I would usually have to add the certificate that I needed to use to connect to work. When I checked the certificates that where installed I was amazed that it had so many and I did not have to do any thing.

I am very thankful for all the changes made in the last couple of years and look forward to using this for a long time to come now.
jmdennis
Baby Hen

Re: Thanks

Postby bolderbast » Wed Feb 05, 2014 15:27

Hi jmdennis,

I'm also looking for the citrix receiver but I'm unable to find it in the repositories. I have sabayonlinux.org and sabayon-limbo enabled. Where did you find it, and what is it's package name?

Thanks in advance!
bolderbast
Baby Hen

Postby Stupot » Wed Feb 05, 2014 16:48

icaclient.

https://packages.sabayon.org/quicksearc ... nt&x=0&y=0

When your browser prompts you to open a *.ica file, choose to open it with /opt/Citrix/ICAClient/wfica.sh
Stupot
Sagely Hen

Postby jmdennis » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:51

bolderbast wrote:Hi jmdennis,

I'm also looking for the citrix receiver but I'm unable to find it in the repositories. I have sabayonlinux.org and sabayon-limbo enabled. Where did you find it, and what is it's package name?

Thanks in advance!

I did this on the 32 bit version. I can not find it on the 64 bit version and I just searched for citrix and it came up. I opened up an item for this for the 64 bit version and will have to wait until they create one.
jmdennis
Baby Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion