Trying to compile svn version of tint2. [Solved]

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Trying to compile svn version of tint2. [Solved]

Postby urata » Sat Dec 28, 2013 0:21

I'm trying to install (compile) the version of tint2 that I prefer, but I am having trouble getting all of the required dependencies for it. I'm hoping that somebody else has done this before and can help me figure out how to do it. I'm used to Debian based distros, and I've compiled this version before in crunchbang linux. I just can't figure out how to install everything I need in Sabayon. I'm pretty new to the Sabayon/Gentoo way of doing things.

I need cairo, pango, pangocairo, gobject2, glib2, imlib2 and libstartup-notification-1.0. I don't know anything really about what these packages are, I just know that I need them to get tint2 compiled and I don't have them, or at least not most of them. My first instinct was to equo s and equo i. But that only worked for a couple of them, I don't remember which ones now but I am sure I can figure out how to check what I have installed.

I just need to figure out how to get the ones I don't have. I'm thinking that maybe I need to compile some of them from source, but I'm not really sure if that's necessary.

I really just want whatever is the easiest way to get the version of tint2 that I like, if there is a simpler way than compiling it from the svn I'd love to know.
Last edited by urata on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:54, edited 1 time in total.
urata
Baby Hen

Re: Trying to compile svn version of tint2.

Postby urata » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:54

I was able to compile this finally. I just needed to use gcc instead of clang. As far as getting all the dependencies, well it turns out I already had everything I needed. I never did find pangocairo, whatever that is, but it compiled anyway.

So this is how I solved my problem:
Code: Select all
sudo equo i sys-devel/gcc-4.7.3
urata
Baby Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion