Suspend generates error message

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

:!: Interesting discovery!

Postby FuzzyLizard530 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:42

I'm thinking that it's the desktop environments now, and here's why: I installed RazorQT on my laptop, mostly just to check it out, and I noticed that it had suspend and hibernate in the menu, so I tried them. Both of them work in Razor! and it's a pretty nice DE to use for a baby!
FuzzyLizard530
Baby Hen

Re: Suspend generates error message

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Wed Oct 23, 2013 17:31

Lemuriano wrote:I'm using Sabayon Xfce fully updated and using the power manager I can not suspend or hibernate. The option to hibernate or suspend is gone when I exit the system.

The message received is;
Method is deprecated, please port to org.freedesktop.login1.Manager.Hibernated

Only can hibernate with pm-hibernate from the command line.

This behavior is current on my 3 Sabayon xfce systems.

Can someone point me in the right direction so I can solve this issue?

Thanks

It's due to a code change by the upower developers due to systemd. See Add a --enable-deprecated configure argument:

Richard Hughes wrote:Add a --enable-deprecated configure argument
This is turned off by default. If this is not set, then any calls to Suspend(), SuspendAllowed(), Hibernate() or HibernateAllowed() will fail with an error. The error mesage tells the user what new method to port to in logind. I'm expecting to set --enable-deprecated for Fedora 17 and 18, but turn it off for Fedora 19, so other distributions probably want to follow suit to find out what other stuff needs to be ported to the new APIs early. GNOME should already be fine, but KDE will need some solid porting as I understand it. See http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/d ... 01339.html for more information on future plans and for rationale.

Presumably one of the SL developers will have to do something to use the new systemd/logind daemon instead.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: Suspend generates error message

Postby Lemuriano » Fri Oct 25, 2013 14:18

Thanks for clarifying.
Sabayon x64 Xfce main
Intel core i5 M-520
linux-sabayon 3.15.0
Lemuriano
Young Hen

Previous

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion