Sabayon Crashes to Login Screen

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Sabayon Crashes to Login Screen

Postby ZL3LSD » Fri May 17, 2013 4:44

I have used Sabayon for about 12 months and have regularly updated it. I normally use Gnome but about 2 months ago just about any package would cause it to crash back to the login screen. I have started using KDE and it seems slightly better but it still crashes regularly. I have used other distros and have never had so much trouble. Any package can cause it to crash eventually: Mozilla, Chrome, Gimp, Xsane, libreoffice. It is a dual boot machine and I am typing this on XP Pro :(( Is there a log on the system where I can find what causes the crashes?

Thanks
ZL3LSD
Baby Hen

Re: Sabayon Crashes to Login Screen

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Fri May 17, 2013 17:17

Have a look in the log files ~/.xsession-errors, /var/log/messages and /var/log/Xorg.0.log to see if there are any error messages that occurred just before or at the time of the crash.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Re: Sabayon Crashes to Login Screen

Postby ZL3LSD » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:27

Sorry it gas taken so long to get back. /.xseesion-errors tells me akonadiserver crashed too often and will not be restarted. Tried to start by typing akonadictl start in terminal but I get the same message plus it tells me QSQLITE3 driver not loaded.
ZL3LSD
Baby Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion