Donations

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Donations

Postby gatliff » Wed Dec 27, 2006 20:03

here just my idea for geting some cash, why not offer to mail a free CD or DVD for any size donations
I just got Sabayon DVD from on disk.com :D went back for the mini Cd but they didn't offer so had to find it at LinuxCD.com soon I will need a 64 bit Sabayon if I can order it from you that would be the best way
I know some people would only give $1.00 but other would send $10.00-20.00
Happy Newyears :)
gatliff
Young Hen

Postby johnnyhay » Wed Dec 27, 2006 21:10

There are people willing it to do it for free.
Just ask cvill64. He has a list that can hook you up.
johnnyhay
Technological Hen

Re: Donations

Postby tomiro » Wed Dec 27, 2006 21:57

gatliff wrote:here just my idea for geting some cash, why not offer to mail a free CD or DVD for any size donations
I just got Sabayon DVD from on disk.com :D went back for the mini Cd but they didn't offer so had to find it at LinuxCD.com soon I will need a 64 bit Sabayon if I can order it from you that would be the best way
I know some people would only give $1.00 but other would send $10.00-20.00
Happy Newyears :)

That's Ironic. I just emailed lxnay about getting the mini CD's at On-Disk. In the mean time you can order it as a "download to disc" http://on-disk.com/product_info.php/cPa ... cts_id/153 and we'll gladly kick a dollar of the $3.99 over to the project if you mention it when you check out.

Personally I think Sabayon is about ready to break out and we (On-Disk.com) might be able to really help prop up the project through further disc sales and other promotional activities. We are also looking at a way to be able to offer "guaranteed downloads" by linking our disc burning machines directly to paid downloads.

We're also getting ready to launch sweetcomputing.com to help promote the cream of the crop to the more "average Joe" computer users who might need help even finding what might work on their computer. Sort of a distro watch in reverse sort of thing... It's up now if you want a preview but it's going to be doing a lot of changing over the next few days.

The Sabayon listing is here: http://sweetcomputing.com/index.php?wiki=Sabayon and it's SWEET!
tomiro
Young Hen

Postby johnnyhay » Wed Dec 27, 2006 22:34

Sweetcomputing.com is a wonderful idea, and it looks like it's coming up gracefully.
Again, KICK ASS site. Can't wait until the start of the new year to browse your site even more.
Don't forget Damn Small Linux!!
johnnyhay
Technological Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion