I'm getting "Black Balled" [Solved]

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

I'm getting "Black Balled" [Solved]

Postby nickdanger » Wed Feb 20, 2013 14:03

Curious Question... After startup, I raise the cover page, and I am at the login screen as expected. Next to the title Sabayon, (on the left end) is a little black sphere (ball) with a lower-case letter "q" inside of it. I clicked on it and it does not seem to do anything, so I guess it is a graphic artifact from somewhere. Everything else works normally, (except Nautilus which now is nearly worthless, but that is not the fault of Sabayon). Does anyone else have this strange Icon? Does it mean anything? Did I win a prize? :D
Last edited by nickdanger on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:42, edited 1 time in total.
nickdanger
Simple Hen

Re: I'm getting "Black Balled"

Postby wolfden » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:23

I'm not 100% following you, but the q is actually the font of Animal Tracks to make the chicken foot. Seems you are missing that font?
wolfden
Sharecropper

Re: I'm getting "Black Balled" [Solved]

Postby nickdanger » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:54

Yes, very hard to visualize what I described, but you are completely correct. I installed the Font Animal Tracks and now I have a black sphere with the chicken foot, a proper logo for Sabayon.
Honestly Wolfden... All the time (years now) I have thought the foot was from a velociraptor. A very speedy creature who over-runs the competing species, and then eats them.
nickdanger
Simple Hen

Postby wolfden » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:12

I would say it's open for what ever you may think it is. Chicken foot just like the forum under your avatar it says Simple Hen and that we have Sheds on the forum, so chicken theme seems to all fit.

I do remember a discussion a while back of the icon and people wanting to change it, many brought up that it looked like a dinosaur track. I have never like it myself.
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby lxnay » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:44

I fixed this in repos (sabayon-artwork-gnome-11-r2).

Also, if the "guest" user is annoying you, just type this as root:
Code: Select all
userdel guest
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+
lxnay
Land Owner

Postby belcocco » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:07

slightly OT. :alien:
The hen's foot is ok, but, excuse me, wolfden, why not change the avatar of your signature? Those 'three leaves' are off-line sabayon marketing, imho. :)
Ciao
belcocco
Old Dear Hen

Postby wolfden » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33

belcocco wrote:slightly OT. :alien:
The hen's foot is ok, but, excuse me, wolfden, why not change the avatar of your signature? Those 'three leaves' are off-line sabayon marketing, imho. :)
Ciao

cause we actually used it in the past, made by our artwork guy, no marketing involved
wolfden
Sharecropper

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion