Update Wiki (translators, (non-EN))

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Update Wiki (translators, (non-EN))

Postby Ryuno-Ki » Fri Jan 04, 2013 13:09

batvink wrote:The EN version of the Wiki is the most current, and up to date version.
Translators who are familiar with the English language, and can read and understand it, can refer to the English Wiki
and translate it to their own language.
When you find outdated pages, other than English., i encourage you to update them, using the English Wiki as a example.
We don't really have a policy., just editing guidelines which can be read here:
http://wiki.sabayon.org/index.php?title ... Guidelines

Mainly I agree with you, but you got me wrong here ;-) I'd like to name the English article like this: http://wiki.sabayon.org/index.php?title ... Guidelines
So with a leading En: here, too.
Oh, and if my nick is too hard for you, feel free to shorten it to something like "Ryu", "Ryuno" or just "Ki" ;-)
HP-Pavilion ◆ AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 4000+ ◆ GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ◆ 1 GiB RAM
German Wiki translator ◆ Want to contribute on the wiki? Ask the Bureaucrats!
Please, mark solved threads ◆ Posts unread and unansweredPackage requests ◆ Sabayon XI with MATE
Ryuno-Ki
Technological Hen

Postby Ryuno-Ki » Mon Feb 04, 2013 0:13

Bug #3955 and Bug #3685 annoy me much -.-"
Anyone else having this issue?
Meanwhile I translate the German Entropy article to my harddisk.
HP-Pavilion ◆ AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 4000+ ◆ GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 ◆ 1 GiB RAM
Please, mark solved threads ◆ Posts unread and unansweredPackage requests ◆ Sabayon XI with MATE
Ryuno-Ki
Technological Hen

Postby batvink » Sat Feb 09, 2013 22:05

nope.
But don't German people understand "database" ?
if so, just leave that untouched. (they also must invoke "locate fstab, instead of "lokalisieren fstab" for example.

And yes, there is a bug in the Wiki when trying to save a whole content.
But not when editing different sections, using the "Edit section" button on the right hand side of each paragraph., as i tried yesterday.
batvink
Old Dear Hen

Postby Ryuno-Ki » Wed Mar 20, 2013 22:52

Hey, there,

some points I came across in translation process the last days:
  • Please, check, whether the links are still valid. And rename sabayonlinux.org-Links to the recent version of it (esp. forum links). I'll check them, when translating, however.
  • Check the commit messages for FIXME flags and then the HTML-Comments (<!-- HTML comment here -->) for details.
  • I would like to ask for a guideline concerning inline commands and paths. We have italic and bold to option.
  • Do we need more templates? MediaWiki lists them here. I would appreciate an infobox template like shown e.g. for Konversation here (the right-hand pane). We may connect the data with our packages web browser? It's handy to have a quick access to recent version, bug tracker, mailing list and so on in my opinion.

I strongly encourage to write Wiki articles (new stuff) e.g. for applications. Let translator do some review while they do their job. But first take a little time and do some searching on existing topics. I would like to thank ‎Inktvis75 for engaing at this point.

Oh, and there were a security release for MediaWiki some days ago. Have we upgraded yet?
Ryuno-Ki
Technological Hen

Postby Ryuno-Ki » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:33

No protest, so I go ahead ("shipped code wins") and imported several templates.
They're somewhat buggy, but I'll fix them the next week.
You'll find them in the Templates Category after refining.
If I don't get finished quickly enough, you can shout at me :D
But let me a week or two working on it.
I have a vision about how the wiki articles for (GUI) software should look like and want to accomplish it …
Ryuno-Ki
Technological Hen

Postby Tedel » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:15

Hey, I can volunteer to translate the Wiki into Spanish. Just try not to abuse my time! :P

Do I need to coordinate with someone, or I just create an account and start translating?
Tedel
Simple Hen

Postby Ryuno-Ki » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:09

Tedel wrote:Do I need to coordinate with someone, or I just create an account and start translating?

Sounds great. Just create an account, read the Editing Guidelines and translator advices and start going. In my opinion the articles linked on the main pages are some of the most important ones.
My tipp: First add the i18n-Template to your article, since it may be hard to add it afterwards (server-side bug, when the article's commit is too large).
Ryuno-Ki
Technological Hen

Postby Tedel » Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:16

OK, I'll give it a try over the weekend. :)
Tedel
Simple Hen

Previous

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion