I've just installed latest updates, no KDM Equo Failure

Anything that pertains to Entropy, Equo or Sulfur

Moderator: Moderators

I've just installed latest updates, no KDM Equo Failure

Postby joe74 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 21:19

First I had problems with filesystem in my root partition, which caused a failed update because equo couldn't read /tmp... I did fsck'd my root partition and continue with update successfully. But now, when I reboot KDM doesn't load at all. I have checked all logs and nothing seems to be causing these problems.

Any idea what may be causing this?
Last edited by joe74 on Mon Nov 26, 2012 17:47, edited 1 time in total.
joe74
Baby Hen

Re: I've just installed latest updates, no KDM

Postby linuxfluesterer » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:14

Did you update your Kernel? I had this problem you describe when I updated from Kernel 3.5 to 3.6.
Then I booted with Kernel 3.5 again (xdm working!) and then installed graphics driver for my NVidia for Kernel 3.6.
Maybe this will help you also...
I'm running SL X with Kernel 3.6 on an Intel Core I5 with NVidia GTM320 now.
This morning, I've made a big update including KDE 4.9.3.
As all I see, system is working include xdm (kdm)...

-Linuxfluesterer (I love KDE ...)
I really hope, that by the Brexit (poor Britain), TTIP will be finally prevented. But don't get tired to talk to your local politician to open eyes for danger to democracy because of TTIP
linuxfluesterer
Old Dear Hen

Re: I've just installed latest updates, no KDM

Postby joe74 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 16:49

No. No kernel update. I know about that problem you had... I had it too. But now I'm with the 3.5 kernel, an NVIDIA GT520, but everything seems alright, no system complaint about it. It's like something broke at updating...

Now I'm writing this, I tried to log in, it seems X is not starting at all... I typed "startx" and sends me to basic X with xterm.

Yesterday it was updaing basically from KDE 4.9.2 to 4.9.3... should I reinstall all 4.9.3 packages? Any idea?

+++UPDATE+++

At typing "kded4" says "QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave. Segmentation Fault".

"kdeinit4" says "Aborting. $Display is not set. Illegal instruction"
joe74
Baby Hen

Re: I've just installed latest updates, no KDM [Equo Failure

Postby joe74 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 17:49

Annoying. Tried to install "kde-meta-4.9.3" and kept equo complaining about "can't read TMPDIR". I give up until this get fixed.
joe74
Baby Hen

Return to Entropy|Equo|Rigo Package Managers