One critisizm is the new style KDE menu, yuk. I already found another thread in the forum that tells how to put it back to normal.
I do have a few issues I need help with:
1. My WLAN card is detected but not configured at boot, even though I gave the installer the right information. After logging in I have to use:
- Code: Select all
iwconfig ra0 essid cupotea
What is the correct way to automate this in Sabayon Linux? I did find the little switch at the top of the screen with some wireless network options, but I couldn't get it to work properly.
2. I takes an a lifetime to boot. Around 2-3 minutes. Is there anything I can do to streamline the process?
3. Embedded video (for example YouTube) does not play correctly. In Firefox the audio stammers and then craps out and I have to close the browser. In Konq it just freezes, and in Opera it just gets stuck on "Loading ...".
4. Root Konsole does not work. I put in my credentials and then it disappears and nothing happens.
5. Where is Quake and the other games? They were there when the CD was in Live mode but not after the install!
Just another observation - fonts look great in Konqueror but awful in Firefox. Not really a big deal, but why is that?