menu.lst entry for Sabayon 6 [Solved]

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Re: menu.lst entry for Sabayon 6

Postby houndhen » Fri Sep 16, 2011 0:45

I will mark it solved. At the risk of sounding as old as I am...I don't like grub2 and that was the reason that I went back to grub legacy to start with. I understand how to edit grub legacy menu.lst. I don't understand that much about grub2 just like I am not proficient with the linux command line, and have never been able to make much use of man pages.

I was interested in trying Sabayon because it was different from the other distros that I have looked at. Thanks, all for your help. I probably will go back to grub legacy and just look at Sabayon occasionally from the live cd image I have on a flash drive. Some linux distros are just not for people like me that have discovered linux late in life.

Thanks again,
Harold
houndhen
Young Hen

Postby BlackNoxis » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:01

houndhen wrote:I will mark it solved. At the risk of sounding as old as I am...I don't like grub2 and that was the reason that I went back to grub legacy to start with. I understand how to edit grub legacy menu.lst. I don't understand that much about grub2 just like I am not proficient with the linux command line, and have never been able to make much use of man pages.

I was interested in trying Sabayon because it was different from the other distros that I have looked at. Thanks, all for your help. I probably will go back to grub legacy and just look at Sabayon occasionally from the live cd image I have on a flash drive. Some linux distros are just not for people like me that have discovered linux late in life.

Thanks again,
Harold

You could still try to make Sabayon a 2nd image if it's already installed, not worth it to erase it. My suggestion is to keep trying those entries for Sabayon, eventually it will work. But my deepest suggestion is to stay on your installed Sabayon and test whatever you can and feedback to the community.

Best Regards
BlackNoxis
Growing Hen

Postby houndhen » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:40

BlackNoxis wrote:You could still try to make Sabayon a 2nd image if it's already installed, not worth it to erase it. My suggestion is to keep trying those entries for Sabayon, eventually it will work. But my deepest suggestion is to stay on your installed Sabayon and test whatever you can and feedback to the community.

Best Regards
Thanks. I have some other things that I have to study for the next 10 days but I like the suggestion and when I have time will follow through.
houndhen
Young Hen

Previous

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion