Screen Saver Control [Solved]

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Screen Savers Location

Postby micia » Wed Sep 14, 2011 14:58

Well, it is up to dhinds to call this solved or not :mrgreen:

However I think that they are just migrating the screensaver to integrate it better with gnome-shell/whatever, probably the functionality will be back after their job is complete. But for now the only chance is to replace gnome-screensaver as far as I know.

@dhinds: by the way, about the windows minimization issues:

if you mean that you are missing the minimize/maximize buttons on your windoes, try to install gnome-tweak-tool:
(as root)
Code: Select all
equo install gnome-tweak-tool

run it from the Applications menu or from a console using:
Code: Select all
gnome-tweak-tool

go to:
Shell->Arrangement of buttons on the titlebar, set it to All

If you mean that you have not any "Show Desktop" button on your panel, go to an empty space on your panel, alt+right click on it, select Add to Panel->Show Desktop.
micia
Sagely Hen

Re: Screen Savers Location

Postby BlackNoxis » Wed Sep 14, 2011 15:09

micia wrote:However I think that they are just migrating the screensaver to integrate it better with gnome-shell/whatever, probably the functionality will be back after their job is complete. But for now the only chance is to replace gnome-screensaver as far as I know.

Myeah, that's the most probable thing will happen, no big deal of a temporarily suspension of screensavers. Hope they will bring new features to gnome3 like a greater degree of desktop personalization, all of this, in time of course
BlackNoxis
Growing Hen

Re: Screen Saver Control [Solved]

Postby dhinds » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:37

So Gnome 3 has no screensavers - yet. I can lock the screen, but nothing more. That's OK. Everything else is working fine - and Nautilus 3 is much better then v. 2.x. I'm sure there will be Gnome screen savers in due time.

So I'll make this solved.
dhinds
Young Hen

Previous

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion