Article: One Mark of a Good Distro

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Article: One Mark of a Good Distro

Postby ExpatPaul » Fri Sep 09, 2011 19:48

Ostatic has an article up, One Mark of a Good Distro that gives a well-deserved shout-out to Sabayon.

To me having a large and up-to-date repository is always a plus. In fact, it's probably one of the most important features. I like a distro that I can equo, urpmi, or apt-get me whatever obscure piece of old software that I love. The less of these I find, the less I like the distro. Magiea is doing pretty good, but it's missed one or two*. Sabayon always had whatever I wanted - almost always. I'm sure there were times I might have been disappointed, but I can't remember any.

This, for me, is probably the most appealing aspect of Sabayon. I can rely on being able to get hold of the latest and greatest applications available for practically no effort.

Keep up the good work.
ExpatPaul
Simple Hen

Re: Article: One Mark of a Good Distro

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Fri Sep 09, 2011 20:10

Yes, it's a pity Susan Linton moved from SL to another distribution, as that article shows she clearly likes SL. Her only reason was due to a buggy KDEPIM and she couldn't downgrade to an earlier version because it was removed from the Entropy repository: The Mistake that is Upgrading to KDEPIM 4.6.0 and Closer Look at Mageia 1. So she switched to Mageia.
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion