Realtek Wireless card ?

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Postby JTAL604622 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 0:33

update #2 - My prism works but its only B.

Anyhow, the live disc of SL did work after I found a setting that listed the network down the left hand side and a button on the right hand side for start and stop. I cannot find that setting again, but it appears that SL with the updated kernel has the support, just not sure where its it working once will not give up until I can find an answer, as I will not go back to
Simple Hen

Postby JTAL604622 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:11

Great News.....

My Broadcom built in wireless card in my acer laptop works perfectly in gnome....the light on the front of my lasptop even lights up....5 stars!!!

When i get paid next week im so making a donation...thanks for a great distro, maybe we can get SL on linux format or one of those magazines so everyone can try it....

Simple Hen

Postby cvill64 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:55

lol, that's wonderful! I'm so glad, I was a bit confused since kennylog had that wireless card and it worked for him too, congrats and thanks :D

we've been in a couple of european mags but none in the US that I know of
Sagely Hen

Postby JTAL604622 » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:53

Well i purchase most of them Linux Format, Linux Pro mag, I will have to see when SL appears and Ill make sure I pick that one up to.

Thanks, for all the help, so now my internal wifi works, my realtek g card and my crappy b card for backup. I am hoping I can convert some of my friends to stop using ubuntu and jump onto this, much better in my opinion...
Simple Hen

Postby Simba » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:32

I have the realtek card and I have the same problem. Knetworkmanager stops at 28%. However, I am able to get my card working through the following instructions as 'su'.

#iwconfig wlan0 essid "my_network"
#iwconfig wlan0 key "my_key"
#iwconfig wlan0 mode Managed
#dhclient wlan0

I am typing this using Sabayon with my wireless connection.

I wonder why Knetworkmanager wouldn't work.

Baby Hen

Postby Dark_MaGe » Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:50

while it's stuck to the 28% try clicking again on the network you want to associate and see if it works
Your Farmer

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion