So long, Iwonder|too :'(

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

DontPanic
Old Dear Hen

So long, Iwonder|too :'(

Post by DontPanic » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:26

I'm deeply saddened to relay the news of the untimely passing of Charles Rhodes (Iwonder|too).

Charles has been a member of the Sabayon community for longer than I can remember, and he will be sorely missed.

Charles was apparently electrocuted by a capacitor discharge while working on a microwave oven.

From iwishikne:
Charles was a close friend for the past 25 years. This accident has taken us all by suprise. The one thing Charles really loved to do was to spend time in the Sabayon channel. He had built alot of friendships that will last forever. He leaves behind and wife: Devan Rhodes and a brother that he raised since his fathers passing when his brother was a teenager. He was my best friend and will always remain that.
There's a guest book for condolences at this link:

http://obits.dignitymemorial.com/dignit ... id=4299640
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L - Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU [email protected] 2.66GHz
nVidia GeForce 7600 GS
2 GB RAM

Azerthoth
Simple Hen

Re: So long, Iwonder|too :'(

Post by Azerthoth » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:50

I will forever miss the late night conversations, discussing everything under the sun. I will forever miss working with you to help someone fix their issues. I will forever miss your cutting wit and sarcasm that offered us up endless entertainment.

Iwonder|too, for the years that we spent talking and helping I will be forever grateful. I am a better person for having known you. After the sadness passes I know I will forever think of you with a mischievous grin and a sarcastic retort. I don't have the words to describe the loss, but I will remember forever having known you.

Until the next life my friend.

Jim Cook
A.K.A Azerthoth

wolfden
Sharecropper

Post by wolfden » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:52

Stickied for the community

I always enjoyed working beside him and listening to his wild stories. He was a great guy and am very sadden by the news. It's a wake up call to remember to live life and appreciate what one has no matter how frustrating life gets. Enjoy the time you get with people as they may not be here tomorrow. He will be missed greatly in IRC. :(

rand.a
Growing Hen

Post by rand.a » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:06

Azerthoth wrote:I will forever miss the late night conversations, discussing everything under the sun. I will forever miss working with you to help someone fix their issues. I will forever miss your cutting wit and sarcasm that offered us up endless entertainment.

Iwonder|too, for the years that we spent talking and helping I will be forever grateful. I am a better person for having known you. After the sadness passes I know I will forever think of you with a mischievous grin and a sarcastic retort. I don't have the words to describe the loss, but I will remember forever having known you.

Until the next life my friend.

Jim Cook
A.K.A Azerthoth
I could not have said it better myself. I will miss our intelligent discussions as well as our jokes about the idiot of the day to show up in support chat. You will not be forgotten.

Rand A.
(aka c0nv1ct)

lythandrel
Young Hen

Post by lythandrel » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:10

This is definitely a sad and shocking loss. Being part of that late night insomniac group, I will definitely miss those conversations, there were many laughs to be had over the years. He was a great person to have around in IRC, both as a helper and as a friend. It was always wonderful to have someone around with a brain and a sense of humour, and an appreciation of sarcasm. Iwonder|too, we will miss you tremendously and never forget you.

lxnay
Land Owner

Post by lxnay » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:36

Hey Charles, today we all wonder, too. We wonder about why this happened and hope to find enough soothing words.
Join us on IRC (chat.freenode.net #sabayon or WebChat)
Submit bugs to our Bug Tracker
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
Add me on Google+

ajez
The Blamed One

Post by ajez » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:53

Simply R.I.P. Charles.
You've been a good gyu and friend for all of us.
--
Core Beta/Site,Blog,Forum Admin

genfool
Technological Hen

Post by genfool » Tue Jun 29, 2010 16:20

Very sad day indeed.
I feel guilty, to feel so sad...these tears ...I think of Iwonder and get a feeling inside that makes me smile.
Just seems so wrong.
I Remember the last witty remark he sent my way, I was tired and sent him back a :) Who would of thought that was the last chance I would have.
We will always miss you Iwonder|too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyaYegSwnT8

GI_James
Simple Hen

Post by GI_James » Thu Jul 01, 2010 21:31

How sad, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He helped me so much when I first started out in Sabayon. He will be truely missed.
James Strickland
Crestview, FL
StrickStuff.com
Computer
Screen
Keyboard
Wireless Mouse
Mouse Pad

urlwolf
Simple Hen

Post by urlwolf » Sat Jul 03, 2010 17:21

This is the first time I feel sad for a person I only knew from IRC.
Condolences to his family.