Thx for a great Distro

Discussion in general that pertains to Sabayon Linux - Must Pertain to Sabayon Linux

Moderator: Moderators

Thx for a great Distro

Postby jrch2k10 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:07

well i was a bit reluctant at first cuz well im kinda an kubuntu guy since sometime ago, but i have to say im very pleased to see how clean is the out of the box experience with sabayon 5 r1 kde, lol fglrx dont crash wine lol i dont remember the last time i saw that :) so big big kudos for you ppl.

about post install exp is an 9 of 10 aka a bespin based theme instead of oxygen would be nice :)

my suggestion: make bespin available in repos (nothing urgent using svn solve it), add netbeans at least C++ base system and lol everything is fine so far XD big kudos again
jrch2k10
Baby Hen

Re: Thx for a great Distro

Postby wolfden » Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:20

Welcome aboard and feel free to use our bugzilla to request packages

:santa:
wolfden
Sharecropper

Postby Fitzcarraldo » Wed Dec 16, 2009 16:40

jrch2k10 wrote:about post install exp is an 9 of 10 aka a bespin based theme instead of oxygen would be nice :)

my suggestion: make bespin available in repos (nothing urgent using svn solve it)

The Bespin theme engine for KDE is still in testing and not part of the official KDE 4 release by the KDE developers. However it's in the KDE Testing overlay:

Code: Select all
$ eix bespin
* x11-themes/bespin [1]
     Available versions:  [M]**9999 {debug}
     Homepage:            http://cloudcity.sourceforge.net/
     Description:         A KDE4 follow-up to Baghira KDE Theme Engine, which resembles Mac OS X

[1] "kde" /usr/local/portage/layman/kde

If you want to install it then you should use the Gentoo/SL source package manager Portage. To make sure the main Portage ebuild tree and the Sabayon ebuild overlay are up to date, and to add the KDE Testing overlay ebuilds, do the following as root user in a Konsole/Terminal window:

# emerge --sync
# layman -S
# layman -a kde

As you can see from the eix output above, the package is masked so you'll need to unmask it. Running emerge --pretend for bespin once you've added the KDE Testing overlay will show you that it's masked by missing keyword, so you'll need to unmask it by adding a line for the package to the file /etc/portage/package.keywords using the syntax explained in the SL Wiki and in the Gentoo Handbook. Once you have unmasked the package then you can merge (install) it:

# emerge -1v bespin
Fitzcarraldo
Sagely Hen

Postby jfsimon1981 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 18:29

Thanks too for an Amazing ! distro.

Regards
jfsimon1981
Baby Hen

Return to Sabayon Linux General Discussion